I used to like fishing the skok and it was one of the few rivers the wife actually enjoyed fishing. When the tide would come up and push most of the people out of the lower holes I'd do pretty ggood tossing vibraxes.

Sadly I've given up on the dept and the state ever representing the sportsmen that fund the majority of their budget and produce most of economic activity involving the fish. My whole life I swore I'd never leave Washington because of the amazing fish we have and some of the beautiful rivers in which to chase after them (not that the skok really fits that description lol). After the past few short seasons and the department's focus on boat fisheries in the salt that started to change. About 2 months ago things came together in a way the wife and I had an option to stay in Washington or start over in another state. Our decision basically came down to all the garbage the tribes pull and the lack of leadership from the state to challenge them. So we're leaving and the worst part is I don't see myself coming back because I don't see a future where things get better in Washington anymore.