Originally Posted By: Evo
thats what im saying, they tried to tell me that it was new ammo, after i said it was reloaded... that brass clearly isnt new at all... new brass doesnt have dents in it either... and if theres this big HYPE about Lake City, well, they suck....

yeah Aguila is good stuff for the most part... not a fan of their .22 ammo, but the 5.56 ammo is lights out... very well made...

one weird thing i did notice, but it might not mean anything, when i shook the federal shell, you couldnt hear anything moving in there... nothing.... when i shake the Norma, Aguila, Winchester, Atomic, ect you can clearly hear the powder in there....

i havent heard that about HSM, im just using the stuff up i had, dont really buy alot of it anymore, rather buy new factory ammo for my pistols since im not set up to load....

i have Rem wipes too, not a huge fan of them, they catch and sh!t on stuff... the oil i do like tho, its thicker than other oils from my viewpoint... but that can also translate to gummyness and whatnot.... the Lucas isnt cheap, but alot of pros use it so it has to be somewhat good... and Lucas car oil is some of the best on the market, so im sure they should know what they are doing...

the Daiwa oil, i actually read up on the viscosity chart years ago, after using oils like Rocket Fuel, Hot Sauce, and such, and the Daiwa is way up there viscosity wise... its also really easy to use which i like... havent had one issue whatsoever with it....

Lake City Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP) is the single largest producer of small arms ammunition for the United States Armed Forces.
So there's that.
If that box was factory sealed, then it must have been (cosmetic) reject ammo.
Sometimes it will say "Not For Duty Use" on the box.

Powders have different burns rates as you know and it sounds like that green tip was a "compressed load" where its powder was of a slower burn rate than the others.
Slower burn rate typically means you would use more to achieve the same result as a faster powder which would require less.