Originally Posted By: RUNnGUN
Harry Lemire, RIP, lived in Black Diamond then and the Green Summer Steel on the fly was one of his best kept secrets. I crept up on him once in the gorge and had a great discussion about fly casting at them. I went to the fly after that and got my first ever swinging a muddler minnow below Icy Crk. Their were lots more fish around then. Miss those days also.

I met him up by Palmer one sunny afternoon. ( '81-'82 ? ) I even gave him one of my red streamers that I was using on the lower river very successfully. I felt like an idiot later. Felt like I was giving a legend advice. He forgeot more than I'll ever know. Awkard......
He was a very nice guy as I remember. Meeting legends always leaves a lasting impression on you. I can remember that day on the trail, like it was yesterday!!

I met Steve Rajeff at the opening of the Morning Hatch Fly Shop in Lakewood and my fly fishing was never the same. We went out in the parking lot and he taught me how to double haul. I went from throwing 50- 60 feet ( poorly ) to throwing the whole 100 feet of my fly line with regularity and tight loops. He was such a nice guy to take the time to help a young guy improve his game.

Meeting legends is the thing I like most about my job. Every couple of months I get to meet someone that I always wanted to meet. It isn't in the fishing world but it's still really cool to meet someone with whom you had great respect and interest

Edited by kalamageo (08/04/19 06:41 PM)