Originally Posted By: Driftin'
Only if you plan on selling said Mark V's at a profit to the unsuspecting public that succumbs to the marketing hype....

Kindly disagree about the hype. They've been exceptional rifles for the family and I since the early 50's. Are there better boutique or custom rifles today? Absolutely - no question. But the quality and value at price point is extremely hard to beat for WBY production rifles. Bombproof action & lugs that always work and are as smooth as silk. Their MC stocks fit me perfect - which is personal preference right there, but I love their fit. My current rebuilt WBY .308 pack rifle is a sub 0.5 MOA tack driver that'll out shoot rifles twice it's price. Just under 6lbs with a loaded up 5 rd AICS box mag & scope. Flawless performance - to weight - to price ratio. While I've upgraded it substantially - save the action, bolt & barrel, you'd still have to spend 2x to find a comparable production set-up. I'd take it over a Tikka, Sendero or Kimber any day. A Cooper or Gunwerks? I'm not crazy.

Besides....old school Weatherby's are just so cool. If old American huntin' guns could tell stories, I'm certain Weatherby's would be Mark Twain.

Edited by NickD90 (11/08/19 04:42 PM)