Originally Posted By: Salmo g.
Ugh! Reading those declarations makes me want to puke! It is more than apparent that WDFW knows what the Advocacy wants and is doing everything it possibly can to avoid disclosure. It's hard for this citizen to fathom what could possibly be so important to keep secret. To go to such lengths in the legal proceeding, it makes it seem as though WDFW is trying to avoid disclosing videos of the Director and Mr. Warren having sex with animals or some such. There cannot possibly be any fishery or fishing season related documents that merit such extreme secrecy.

It really feels like it is time for the WA Legislature to dissolve the Fish Program within WDFW and start over. From scratch. And in full and complete compliance with the PDA, APA, and OPMA. And while we're at it, include audits of each and every WA funded fish hatchery to reveal both its costs and documented returns to the citizens of WA state so that objective evaluations and decisions can be made whether to continue their operation going forward.

Salmo,

To me it seems obvious why the Dept is going to such lengths to avoid disclosure and transparency.

WDFW and our co managers know that the harvest is not balanced between tribes and Sportsfishing/commercial anywhere close to the Boldt decision and subsequent decisions. ESA further throws a huge wrench in the spokes of attempting fair harvest balance.

If truth comes out, it will be a legal nightmare both the co managers wish to avoid.

That's my working theory. Its a cover up.