Originally Posted By: NickD90
You are missing the point entirely and thus part of the problem. It's attitudes like your own which cause us to not have nice things.

First, "cowboy" is slang for NT commercial fishermen. They are providing food for the masses (considered an essential job function).

Second, any guided sport boat violates close contact. Can you show me a drift boat that allows for the minimum 6 foot distance? Do you want your favorite guide or captain to get sick? Do you want your friends on board to get sick? Do you want anyone in Forks or Westport to get sick? Those towns can't handle it.

Third, fishing requires enforcement which brings officers into close contact with others. It requires boat launches to be maintained. Restrooms to be cleaned. Buying gas for the boat exposes store workers. Same with food and fishing gear. Motels and maids and desk clerks. You don't exist in a vacuum.

Lastly, parks, trails, campgrounds, beaches are all shut down. Where are many boat launches located? Inside community parks. Who takes care of those parks? Shooting hoops? C'mon.

You are not a unique and special snowflake just because you want to go fishing. The virus doesn't care if you own a home or live under an overpass. No hobby is worth potentially taking the life of others.

The faster everyone gets this through their heads and #staysthefvckhome, the faster we can get through this and back to our normal lives. Don't be selfish and a part of the problem. Be a good citizen to your fellow man and a part of the solution.

Fishing can wait. It'll be OK....I promise.

Absolutely NOT missing your point! Your narrow vision is the problem.
Comen sense.... if a fishing trip violates the close contact order then dont do it Da... you trust people to go to the hardware store but not go fishing?
.. I never touch anything at boat ramps, I can come and go with no service provided and always do just that... if you follow the guidelines you will be just fine just as if your going to the hardware store, Starbucks, auto parts store. All are considered vital... enforcement can wear masks, gloves, just like the cashier at the grocery.....
Stupid one size fits all mentality... dont assume honest people will break the rules or laws.... kind of speaks volumes on how you think