Originally Posted By: Lifter99
Yes SF, those were fun little rivers to fish. The Dosewallips, Duckabush, Hamma Hamma. Small rivers that flowed directly out of the Olympics and cleared up very fast after rains. The Skokomish was the one that would flood badly. Too much logging up above. Caught steelhead out of there also. An interesting thing about the Hamma Hamma was that it was a very short run river and the property in the lower river was private land owned by a family named Robbins if I remember correctly. They would only allow 8 fishermen/day on the river. If you were going to fish on a Saturday, which my dad and I would do, You had to call Robbins during the week and reserve a spot. You could park in their yard and hike up river. I think the area to fish was only about a mile or mile and a half long and you came to a big waterfall and the hole below was called the "Blue Hole". Difficult area to get into. What a cute little river. The Robbins family charged 50 cents/ day to fish on there.Also used to fish Lilliwaup Creek for sea run cutts. Used to be lots of big cutts in those rivers back in the day. I haven't been up there in years. With so many streams back then with steelhead, we never saw many or any other fishermen. The fishermen were more spread out. Not like nowadays with so few river planted with steelhead or even open now for steelhead.

Lifter,
Bart Robbins was the fellows name.
I stopped in there may 10 years ago or so and spoke with him.
Really nice guy. His son lived up there as well.
I do recall putting money in a thing he had set up for fisherman.
If I recall correctly, he was the manager for the timber company that controlled the land on the upper river?
Did you ever take the tram across the river to get up to the upper and lower Blue Holes?
Fun times back then for sure.
SF