I live in a private lake in a private neighborhood. Our HOA dues stock trout in the lake. Besides a couple bass fisherman that live in our community, it is rare that folks actually get out and trout fish. Makes it nice to have a locked gate and gravel put in for our boats that sit at the beach. All electric motors of course. Originally the shutdown applied to public fishing in the state of Washington. Then social media struck. A couple people on our community Facebook board started calling the Department of Fish and Wildlife and saying people were poaching and they thought that fishing was closed. Next thing you know that was bickering and arguments going on not unlike most social media forums. I called wdfw enforcement twice and they said if we are in a private Lake Community with HOA funding the fish and not wdfw paying for them, the fishing would remain open. I wrote this on the Facebook board and people wanted to know what RCW code, law, whom did i talk too yada yada. Next thing I know, the game wardens are coming around the lake and saying they're going to write citations for anybody fishing. I called back and was told the very same thing again believe it or not that the lake would be open. I finally Tracked Down the local game warden here and he said that people were complaining and that it wasn't fair blah blah blah and it wasn't long after, public and private Lakes we're closed to fishing. Coincidence? Who knows but the moral of the story is social media can really suck! I quite literally can't take my five-year-old out fishing on big private Lake that is 200 feet from my house and no one is ever on anyway. Way to go WDFW!!!

Edited by cobble cruiser (04/13/20 09:20 PM)