Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
R&G yours, mine, or any other citizen's ethnicity mean zero when in the workplace. To even insinuate if a person has tribal heritage they are unfit to work for the governor is so damn far past offensive that it is hard to fathom!
Rivrguy, I respect you, your opinions and your efforts. I also have respect and even admiration for you and numerous other posters on this site.That being said I do not necessarily agree with all of your and their opinions.

Now the the first part of your post that is highlighted in Yellow I disagree with. Imagine how some people might react if a white person was appointed by the Governor to oversee a black cultural heritage program. Dare I say it would not be enthusiastically accepted. But in reality it's not really a matter of ethnicity at all it is a matter of affiliations and how wealth is shared and perceptions of that.

As for the part in blue I do not totally disagree with (even though you did go over the top a bit), however R&G did no such thing he only questioned in what position a person with tribal associations it would be advisable for them to serve. I highly doubt that any tribal member or affiliate regardless of their ethnicity would want me advising the Governor on Tribal relations and it would not be because of my ethnicity it would be because they would fear that I, a person with differant affiliations and views might cause a shift in power, and they would be right as I would surely try to do so.

"So it goes." Kurt Vonnegut jr.