H2H,

Thanks for posting that information; it's a helpful comparison. I presume the length and weight refer to the belly section. Is that correct? Have you, or has anyone here, tried the Airflow Delta? I've been interested in trying one of their lines - very smooth finish.

KerryS,

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree that lines other than Skagit style are worthless. A Skagit style, or any short shooting head, "throws" well, just like with single handed rods. Heads generally throw well, but don't "cast" particularly well. I've used both, and don't dispute the effectiveness of shooting heads. However, I find myself making the necessary compromises between maximum effectiveness - monofilament nylon and lead shot, for example - and flylines that are a pleasure to use and that cast with some grace and style.

I've been using a long-belly line chopped and spliced to suit my preferences for the last couple seasons. I can't cast it as far as a Skagit style head, but it casts far enough, and I like the smooth handling characteristics, and it fishes effectively enough for fly fishing. As I indicated, if I really needed maximum effectiveness, I'd use mono and lead.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.