I passed on that old buck for two reasons. #1 his meat would have been shite and #2 my season would be over.

Two weekends from now, Toof and I are breaking tradition and heading over to the far east side for some hot Whitetail & Turkey action for a couple of days. There are some very nice bucks on cam and the weather & moon is going to be perfect, perfect. 1" - 3" of snow each night; cold with little wind. Nothing too huge on cam (yet), but several VERY nice shooters. For several reasons, I'm convinced that this specific country holds a true toad and while we haven't seen him yet....he's in there.

I haven't hunted WT's since I left Michigan, so 20 years. I've been fortunate to have culled truck loads of WT's with our farm permit. Like 4 in five minutes type killin'. But now, I'm so used to sneaky arsehole BT's thieving in the night, that I've almost forgot how normal deer operate. Fookin' BT's man - true bastards. I love to hate em' and hate that I love em'.

Besides spot n' stalk & still hunting, we'll have a ground couple of blinds set up. The plan is too take the shotty and rifle and many sammies, plop my butt down and chill for whatever may happen by. I might even take a nap just for Jaek.

If that hunt doesn't work out, we'll turn around and go back to the island a couple of days later for late Modern over here. Then it's a couple of days off until Nov 25th and I'm going Elk hunting until I get my animal.

So yeah...I'mma be fired soon.