Several of us were wondering about the QIN schedule for next months fall season. Hump is posted on the nation website but not the Chehalis. So I e-mailed staff and asked if the information was available. This is the reply and folks you can ask questions of staff. The Grays Harbor team is very good at getting back to those who have questions.

From staff:
The QIN schedule for the Chehalis is not available at the moment. Mike was communicating with tribal staff regarding their fishery schedule in the Chehalis before he went on vacation. I am hoping once Mike returns at the end of this month I will be able to post the QIN schedule for the Chehalis.

In the meantime I have taken down last years schedule on the agency webpage and left the schedule table fields blank. I did leave a notice stating: “2021 Fall Fishery – No schedule available at this time”.

Curt Holt floated the Satsop River yesterday and reported some fall Chinook and coho in the river. Looks like fish that were staging in the lower Chehalis River were able to migrate further along on the river and tributaries thanks to last week’s rains.

Thank you for your inquiry and updates on salmon presence in the Chehalis.

Have a great week,

Kim Figlar-Barnes
WDFW – Fish Management
Grays Harbor Area F & W Biologist
Kim.Figlar-Barnes@dfw.wa.gov