The first NOF ZOOM meeting for Grays Harbor was last night so what do we know? Well 2021 we made Coho and Chum escapement but wild Chinook did not. 2022 the wild Coho forecast is 107,000 and with hatchery adding up to 150,994. Chinook W 12810 and H 2147. Grays Harbor Chum are 34999. The presentation materials are available at https://wdfw.wa.gov/get-involved/calenda...-public-meeting .

With the GH Policy limiting Coho harvest for failing to make escapement 3 out of 5 years I guarantee pressure will build to do something that violates the policy. The other side of the coin is the GH Policy was about conservation and equitable sharing of harvest in the Chehalis Basin. One could make the case that this year is an outlier that should be addressed that way, so the big show is on the road.

Now this, in the Steelhead ZOOM two friends of mine said they hit the raised hand button to speak but were not called with time left. So I pushed a little last night to see what would happen. Well the second time I did the hand request I was not recognized, and they still had 15 minutes left. So my thought right now is the days where you could propose an option and staff would work with citizens and put it in the model are gone. Several of us were texting back and forth on our cell phones during the meeting and one made the comment that this was a dog and pony show. Frankly I think that is a bit harsh at this time but I must admit one could draw that conclusion.

So these ZOOM meetings are going to be scripted if you press hard they will lock you out. They do not show all participants but do tell them who has the question of the moment. Who are the participants and who is doing the lock outs I have no idea? It is WDFW's process to be sure but if they are going to screen out folks they should say that is the process. So be forewarned these meetings are not a solid discussion of the issue but a rather tightly controlled distribution of information and absolutely nothing else. If you have been locked out of a ZOOM discussion let me know will ya as I have a friend who wants to track this thing.

Little edit: I do believe the question's were typed in, my bad but they chose not answer.

Edited by Rivrguy (03/04/22 08:55 PM)