DW and others picked up on the Coho bag limit change in the Chehalis from a two bag limit to one adult in November and Dec. I did not recall it being discussed either so I asked staff for clarification and the response is below. As one who urged caution on the NT seasons it makes sense I think. It is all about the hatchery / wild mix and the difference in upper basin / lower basin run timings. Others may feel differently but I think this works.

R-6 Staff:

I think the reason why things look funny is that it’s one fish Nov and Dec, but in Dec we go to a wild Coho release requirement, so the two months must be on separate lines. This one fish in Nov and Dec was the compromise to be a little more conservative. I remember a lot of discussion about bag limits and this season structure seemed to satisfy most from both sides. I don’t recall conversations about different bag limits in different areas and not sure having that mixed stock lower river area with a higher bag limit than the tribs. I’m in the office today if you want to chat. Do you have the final planning model dated April 22?