All solid points DW. What was never discussed was two fish August 15 opening or one fish open August 15 for Coho adults. By the GHP the fresh water rec and Chinook mortalities to spare and Coho numbers allowed a good Coho season. By going to 2 fish our Chehalis opening is Sept16 which means the tidewater fisheries will be behind nets 5 out of 6 weeks.

Now the bay 2 fish made sense because that fishery is not behind nets. Tidewater it is right there with stupid. We traded a two fish bag for a restricted season of 6 weeks behind the tribal and NT nets 5 of those weeks. One fish we could a have retained adult Coho August 15 to Oct 31. ( Nov different thing ) Hell of a deal just depends if your retired like us to fish any day or still working with a family. We will do OK but the working stiff got the shaft!

By the way the clamor from sports was the usual folk and bay fishers and throw the guides in. Never was it fully modeled out for the one fish option August 15 or clearly defined what any option impacts were. In fact I am not sure that the two fish bag could have been done has the forecasted escapement for W Coho 29,778 above escapement goal. With Chinook impacts it was simply the the QIN count spawners one way ( approved by the feds ) and WDFW another. The NT side was never even close to allowable GHP impacts. The thing is that with 14K taken on the ocean it leaves only 3K or 4 K available terminal or like this year 3057. The purpose of C&R is to use our 1529 W Chinook in C&R mortalities for a maximum season on abundant Coho. Hell we would have to hook nearly every Chinook coming across the bar to blow our 1529 share of W Chinook. There was and is not now any compelling reason not to have a full Coho season based on the run timing rather than historical prejudice by the managers toward the fresh water Rec fisher.

The zoom thing and the person managing the zoom conference pretty well zipped it along to not allow any serious discussion which I believe was intentional. That you got dead on. When I got the final model ( and distributed it to all that wanted it ) it showed Red ( under escapement ) for W Chinook. I asked why and it was explained to me but the point is this should have been explained so the pubic understood the issue. This Zoom crap of hi, by, what the hell just happened is being deceptive on steroids !