It is raining this morning but the largest amount forecasted is half inch so we will see what happens and the NOAA update.

That said several of us have been doing just how big was the "mob" push? Good question but it was not small to be sure. What I am sure of it was large and in the thousands. A retired bio who is rather good at this thing is placing his pool money on the mob was the better part of 25% to 30% of the Coho run based upon the forecast. Then he throws this in the mix, hatchery Coho are modeled to be around 37% of the Coho run and the catch so far among us is around 50 / 50 H&W.

After that the fun starts as we fire e mails back and forth in the debate! Was it the front end of the run with increasing numbers for several weeks or was it the front part of the run ( end Sept first 10 days Oct ) early and the run will be slow to fill back in the time line?

When we see the QIN numbers we will begin to see just what the real deal is but my 10 bucks in the pool is on this was the front 1/3 of the run. The first week or two of Oct bump up will be smaller than thought or in other words we will have steady flow of fish but nothing like the "mob".

To my old neighbors in East County.........enjoy this doesn't happen all that often.