2/08/2022

Most issues on PP talk about ADULT fish. This posting is about a salmon, that Gill netters, tribal or NT, don't want. A salmon that the vast majority of sport fishermen don't really target.

The Chehalis system, especially the Satsop, seemingly have many "COHO JACKS", that get back to Bingham hatchery. This year the Bingham hatchery, 3,409, has been ONLY exceeded by the Cowlitz, 3744.

The limit has been 6 jacks since I've been in Grays Harbor, 54 years, and even people born and raised in Washington State, can ever remember a limit number different.

WDFW hides behind the "impact number" of adult chinook that might be hooked BUT no number, of impacts, can be provided.

Open the Chehalis and Satsop, to a 12 COHO jack fishery, I'm not asking for a whole State in crease, just those 2 rivers where the COHO jacks are "a targeted fishery" for alot of fishers, male, female, and children. Stop wasting Coho jacks that are "surplused, ie. killed if they reach the hatchery, they are a good source of salmon for the tax paying public.

"I thought growing older, would take longer"