As summer goes on it is good to see some of the guys getting boats out of storage and swing by on the river, good to see you guys! Otherwise the flow thing is stable be it really low flows across the board tribs and all.

Now for something different. All spring and into summer it was different with birds otters everything just not being around like they normally are. In the last 10 days or so that has changed dramatically. Herons, crows, geese, flocks of small birds, otters, seals even a seal lion or two have been all around the island at the house. No idea why all were mostly missing for several months but something sure changed! The river is a bird watchers paradise in the mornings to say the least. Otters and the dog have been at about every day over just who owns the dock! In fact I have darn near walk right up to them to get them to move and then they pop out of the water chattering away at me and as soon as I go back up the ramp they are back on the dock and it is dog vs otter all over again. Also I have seen summerun jumping which is unusual also.

Whatever is going on the birds and critters are loving the river right now and that is rather nice after the miserable spring and early summer!

Almost forgot the above average temperatures are supposed to continue through September and into the first part of October. Not much rain in the forecast but forecast are always a crap shoot. We will have to see how the fish and rain timing works out but if anything like the last three years who knows.