Keith (Sthdr1) brought up the issue of having a Flotilla before Christmas. I spoke with him and a few other board members and we decided on Saturday, December 15 on the Lewis River near Woodland Washington.

As with other Flotillas, not everyone will be able to make it do to other obligations. There will be other Flotillas after this one, for those that can't make it.

We chose the Lewis for a few reasons. One, it is not affected nearly as much as some rivers by rain. Two, it has enough room for the boats that will show up. Three, it will accomodate both sleds and driftboats. Four, it is an easy river to row for those that drift it, and it is easy for sleds to navigate. Fifth and most important, it has fish.

There are two ramps to put in at. One is the "Meat Hole" and the other is the Happa ramp. They are both near each other, with the "Meat Hole" being above Happa. The Happa ramp is brand new. Both are nice launches for either type of boat. Drift boaters should consider the "Meat Hole" as it allows a little more fishing time, as well as some good water before Happa.
Take outs are at the golf course or just below the golf course, both good ramps.

I will try to arrange a place to meet after fishing. There are no pizza places in Woodland, but Kalama, 10 miles north has a couple. I will let you know as soon as I can.

Please post if you will be able to make it, so I can have a semi-accurate head count.

I will post directions to the ramps, with mileage from I-5 this weekend.

Troy