Hmmm, here's my contribution to crazy, I mean challenging, float trips. The Suiattle River, tributary to the Sauk River, would eat a drift boat, but it's floatable in a 12' raft under favorable water conditions - I mean the summer when you won't freeze to death, cuz you ain't gonna' stay dry. The upper Sauk, forks to Clear Creek, is a good run in a raft, probably doable in a driftboat, but I never saw any up there. The Cascade River, tributary to the upper Skagit, I floated once in my canoe - won't try that again, and don't recommend it, but parts of it are doable. Also took the canoe down the lower Sol Duc in low water, when we couldn't get a drift boat down it. That's actually not a bad way to fish it in really low water. Craziest was probably the Weatherwax Canyon on the Wynoochee. Didn't know that was mainly a kayak run before shoving off in the canoe. A couple big rocks fell in after the whitewater book was published, and blocked the canyon, requiring a difficult portage. Don't recommend trying it in a drift boat unless you plan to leave it there and have climbing gear to get out of the canyon. Last but not least is the narrows on the lower Grand Ronde - I've used the raft, but drift boats run it also.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.