I saw this yesterday and thought it was to crazy to post on. I guess if we ignore it, it will go away. The reality is that people from Seattle have as much of an idea as these legislature dorks about what is really going on over here. The HC can and will be a strong producer again someday and we do not need to get rid of fishing to do that.
How many people caught and kept an adult Chinook last Summer/fall in the north part of the HC, I would hope this would be Zero because it was not open. The same could be said about Summer Chum and Pinks. These fish were most definately there and yah some poachers kept them at the Salsbury launch and the Bridge but closing the fishery will not eliminate those scum. A little side tracted, but the point is we do not fish for them now anyway, the only ones that do are the tribes. They will deny it but go to Big Beef Creek in August and September, watch them Beach siene and kill all those accidently caught Female Kings and Female Summer Chum, mad while trying to catch the wild Silvers strictly for eggs, you can watch them from the highway.

This past year the Pink run was boarderline good enough to support a small fishery, the hatchery and wild Coho run was incredible, The stealies are coming back, Summer and Fall Chum were everywhere. I'm not saying we should be fishing for these off one good year. But there is no need to take matters out of the control of WDFW.

Here is an Idea lets start Ad clipping some of those fish that leave hoodsport and the Skok hatcheries and open up the canal to a hatchery only harvest. Ohh wait then the tribes can prove that they are catching wild fish, not just unclipped hatchery fish. mad mad mad

The canal could be a destination to fish someday if we could keep some politics out and the Fish Managers in.
Sorry to go on so long, just frustrated. OK let me have it.

NEN cool