Wild Chrome, I agree whole heartedly that there can be a balance between Nates and Hatchery fish , But not necessarily on the same river. For instance , the Sauk is opened for C&R now and I love that fishery. I could care less if I could keep a fish now. It's such a beautiful fishery in March and April. You have a chance of hooking and playing a fish of a lifetime.

It would be great to have Bonking places and C&R places. On the Sky, the Nates usually come in later than the hatchery . So it makes it pretty nice. To bad they closed it the end of Feb, I love to float the upper river at this time C&R is great into March and on the lower Sky into April. The last couple of years we hav'nt been able to enjoy that opportunity.

I live on the Sky above Proctor creek and about May the Nates are in the Eddy right below my property. I can see them all the way up to the cable hole. So even though I bonk hatchery fish, I agree that we have to help see to the survival of the Nates.

I've learned a lot from this thread, it's help me understand the biology a little more.