cohoangler what about rivers like the Sky that has it's C&R fishery closed all the time, no fishing period. Close them all down and see what happens. Then take a look at it river by river. Don't give it a 50% effort with C&R and hope it works, give it a honest try and see what happens, that's all i'm saying.

I don't fish for or even target wild fish anymore, but back 15 years ago I was all over them until i saw what was happening and I quit and looked for other options.

and quoted by you
"I would go as far as saying that all wild salmon and steelhead should be released. In fact, that's what I do. If I land a salmon or steelhead that I know is a wild fish, it goes back"
and that's what I'm saying dont fish for them period dont chance it if there is a problem (which there is) sit it out. we all should!!

Bruce I know It's just a handfull of rivers that this will affect, but where this is going is what scares me, what's next? I love to fly fish, but i don't want to be restricted to it in all waters salt and fresh.

Look it the Thompson river in B.C I hear that local clubs haved asked that their members and all other fishermen to cease fishing period. Why can't our clubs and fishermen do the same. I'll tell you why people are out for themselves. It's all me!! me!! me!!

Really sad!!