It is fine if you take exception to the truth, but there is no denying it. Personally I have had no problem adapting to the white society. I have a huge house that isn't on a reserve, I drive a new f-350 diesel, and I have a brand new $150,000 charter boat that is already paid off. I have had no problem adapting to this type of lifestyle. And I didn't need to be taken away from my parents to achieve this. I don't know how you could think that taking children away from their parents, family, and their culture was done with the best intentions when what they were trying to do was totally destroy our culture and our way of life.

Quote “Are the tribes going to hold a grudge against whites until the end of time for any social problems that are in existence today?”

Well… when I went to school I had to look forward to fighting 8-10 white kids every recess and lunch hour (I have never lived on a reserve, only in white dominated neighbourhoods, and only gained my full Native Status in 1984 due to changes in the Canadian Constitution)…how could the teachers have not known what was going on..? Do you think I should carry a grudge with me…? This is exactly what I mean about knowing what my brothers In Washington State have to go through on a daily basis. Do I hold a grudge with whites? Probably not, my wife is white, my best friend is also white, whom has somewhat different opinions about the native issue than I do, but u know what? I don’t hold it against him. I still fish beside him, (when he’s allowed to fish) I realize that we are all in this together but there has to be a realization that this is OUR resource and once that is established I’m sure we will be more than happy to share it.