My own expenience was'nt too bad... Went in, they shaved my sack and then pulled out THE NEEDLE!!! Sucker looked three feet long. So I gritted ny teeth, knowing they were gonna jab THAT thing into the boys. Don't worry he said, it's novocaine and you won't feel anything... Well we waited about ten minutes for the novcaine to take effect.. I don't know what happened, but I think partaking of some green combustible matter before my appointment had an adverse effect on how well the novocaine worked. In come the doc, scalpel in hand and proceeds to commence cutting...AHHHHH! I said, and he says "you can't feel that can you?" And I said YES! I can! Then he shakes his head and mutters something under his breath. Out comes the needle again, only this time he jabs into the newly opened incision on my sack and pumps more novocaine in!!! Talk about pain! JEEBUS!!!! then we wait for a few more minutes.. the novocaine is really working now.. The only thing i feel is something being pulled in my groin.. he does some tying that would make any fly guy proud, and then snip! As if that wasn't enough, he pulls on the vein a little bit (just to create some tension), cauterizes it with some miniature arc welder thingy, and lets it snap back into ny body like a rubber band... AND THAT WAS ONLY ONE SIDE! He proceede to perform the same procedure on the OTHER side, only this time the novocaine really worked, me only sensing a little tug and snap effect. I did however, swell up to grapefruit size post op.... there weren't enough ice bags or frozen peas on the planet to soothe what that ghoul did to me... Felt like I got a full-on kick from a horse! Damn! What an experience.. At least I did'nt have any MORE kids to worry about after that.. \:\/