good...check that...great to see somebody out there. 11/2/2005 myself and 2 buddies were floating the canyon in my d-boat. my truck and trailer was left at the slab, which was our take out. we got there...no truck/trailer. gone. some jacka ss stole it while we were floating. now it's 5:00 at night, cold and dark and we are like 7 miles from no where with no cell reception. thank god somebody installed those emergency phones. we called the sheriff, like about an hour and a half later they showed up. in the meantime we walked up the hill on the other side of the road and managed to get a cell signal, managed to get a hold of steve from red's flyshop. he was the MAN!!!! he dumped one of his boats off a trailer, probably left dinner with his family and saved our backsides that night. my buddie's truck was left at red's. i got home around midnight that night. about 5:00am the next morning kittitas county sheriffs dept called to tell me they turned my trailer up down the road in a ditch. thats where it would be so i could find it. ooohh boy did i haul -ss to get there before it went missing again. my truck was found 2 weeks later at some yakima crackhouse motel parking lot stripped and totalled. never saw the truck again. that was a wednesday...probably the only time i've ever fished the yak and never saw another fisherman.
BTW does anyone know if powerboats are legal above roza dam?? i didn't think so, but memorial day, took the long way home up canyon road and saw ski-boat style boats running the river down there above the dam. just curious.