I don't get too caught up in the spoon color or finish game like allot of guys. I mostly use chrome or nickel, or occationally half brass and half nickel or chrome. If you are motivated to hit some chick, are you really going to let the fact she is Oriental, Caucasian or European stop you? Doubtfull.

I think my go to spoon under most water conditions is the 2/3 oz. oval PenTac. Spoons in 2/5 are nice to have for spooning shallower tailouts, but I like to know I'm getting down and if I'm being too aggressive I just angle my cast a little more downstream. Occationally, on big, deep, or swifter runs I'll go to 3/4 oz., and on rare occation 1 oz. I like the Gibbs spoons in these heavyier weights.

In BC during September and October when it's not so cold I like to use 30 pound PowerPro. We make long casts and using braid to minimize stretch during hookset has yeilded a higher ratio of landed fish. When it's freezing I just use 20 pound mono. This last trip I used 20 pound Suffix and I think it's the best heavy mono I've used to date. Reels? Levelwind only if you want my opinion. And my favorite spoon rod for the last 10 years has been the GL2 STR1086C, although Lami is now making one I like better. Heavy in the butt and semi-sensitive in the tip with a nice parabolic arc is what I look for in a spoon rod.

Hope this helps. \:\)

BTW: I read Bill's spoon article last night. It's worth reading if you're a beginer. I think he just about has that article down to a cut-and-paste version that he reconstructs under a different tittle every year. I bet he's been paid for the same article a half-dozen times now. ;\)

Edited by Sol (12/05/07 12:08 PM)