Very true. Unfortunately the nature of the beast is that everyone feels they should get what they feel they are entitled to. Everyone wants the other guy to give up their right. No one is willing to give an inch. I have said for years, since I was about twelve actually, that I would give my rights to fish and hunt for ten of fifteen years so that my kids would have the ability to enjoy the things that I had when I was growing up. That offer still stands. There has always been a lot of talk about how the previous generations did things without thinking too hard about the consequences that would arise. I say that we are doing the same thing. We continue to harvest a percentage of what is there. That is a recipe for disaster, obviously. It would seem to me that if there is a season that allows tribes to harvest that you would be able to harvest in small numbers over a long period. In turn keeping a closer eye on the populations of things. Rather, there is a mass harvest of everything at once and then there is the knee jerk reaction to the problem. Or not, and then everyone bitches about the problem all the while not doing anything about it. We all have to give up something in order to accomplish anything. Kind of Obamaish, but i don't really see a better way. In the mean time, everyone can take the time that they would spend participating in the activities that we enjoy and make a contribution to said activities (not just with money) and put some man hours into the habitat and what not. Just a thought.

Don't sweat the petty things, pet the sweaty things.

Boise State- National title, here we come!