Excellant thread and at this juncture of critical mass
EVERYBODY ON THIS THREAD IS RIGHT
This thread has gone from fish so thick on the Columbia, Lewis and Clark could walk on their backs and not get wet to present day rivers and creeks in WA and OR to extinction. Well, their is our chess game board of opening move to middle and end game.
The pieces used on this game brought up by people on this thread were: WDFW, tribes, dams, hatcheries, too many guides, over harvest,CnR,Ocean cycles,nets, habitat, hatchery fish mixed in, habitat, predation, better sport fishermen, addiction to harvest, oil, extraction of every resource, sonar of fish runs,logging, climate, cranked up Alaska harvest, By catch from Japan,Alaska, and BC,and over harvest of herring and other forage fish.
At this juncture of the game one or combination of any or all of above pieces used can go straight to the end game so everybody is right.
I know that isn't any fun because now we are all on the same side with no distractions and the powers to be wouldn't like that because together we would probably work out a solution in short order and really screw up everything--- for the good of course.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them