First it's O'Connor and secondly,he was King Of The Dinks,during The Age Of The HOGS. Folks like Elgin Gates were lightyears ahead of poor JOC,during the very same era. JOC could simply right purty,which enthralled the clueless,by his outpouring of fluff. I'm far more Meat & Taters and am at ease denoting things how they is and will leave purty to them who dabble in fluff.

All chamberings change in their relative merit,due to boolit selection and it never doesn't not amaze me,as to how many reliably miss that and by a mile. One's rifle doesn't get heavier,longer,lose balance/handling nor are there any other concessions inherent in operating with a clue. Many are under the illusion that they gotta boldly take gear to Star Wars Technology,to eek the goody,which is very much not the case. Those gross misunderstangings,coupled with being totally devoid a ballistics clue,very often leads to rather amusing conversation(s). Shooting is only "hard" for those who don't shoot and it seems noone shoots anymore.

Just as few would take a great knife and dull it upon rocks before heading out on a Hunt,or cut seams in new boots or have their pooch chew holes in their new rainwear,it's curious to me that the masses enthrall in doing same to a rifle and upon many levels. With but an inkling of an understanding,it is very easy to field a platform at it's maximum inherent potential,as opposed to leaving 85% of that availability benign by default. All less concession.

Now those constants being said,I'd state plainly that the SAAMI 243Win is a literal GIANT Killer,as typically offered over the counter. Further,it is a great first choice for tipping Critters over at distances,that'd make most more than a leetle squeamish. Why is that? Simply due to projectile availability,within said bore sizing. When a 270Win's Trump Card is to "nearly mimic" 243Win performance,such things is enlightening to them with a clue. I'd liken it akin to chest waders that keep you almost as dry as hip boots,but not to the depths of the hippers. Such factoids leave little to get horned up about,whether it Theory or Application...yet the cats in the chest waders will never quit grasping at straws,as faint hope to satiate their cluelessness being "on purpose".

I dig it when folks start "telling" me stuff,factored by their "experience" and "results". Was looking forward to some scattergun fluff too.

You guys are on fire,keep at it!