BBVD:
We as hunters need to support each other, even if the pursuit is not one we personally agree with. Let's see, we can't trap, bait, or use hounds. What's next? Maybe your favorite...

Would it be better to trap and poison them?
OOPs! Trappin' was made unlegal!

A dead rat is a dead rat. A dead rat is a good rat. If someone has fun making a rat into a dead rat, well that's frosting on the cake?

Does anyone know of any good rat spots around Tacoma? Most of my close by deer, elk, duck, and pheasant places are now swallowed up by housing developments. I figure rat hunting will be great sport and provide some good eatin'. I'm lookin' for a spot where firearm use is not only common, but actually legal. This rules out some potentially great "rat hotspots" on the Eastside and "The Hill". When I showed up at the landfill with my firearms they called in the SWAT team...go figure...? Where's a feller got to go for good rattin' these days?

For all you veteran "rodent roasters" out there I have a few questions:

Since I didn't get my elk this year, how many rats does it take to equal the meat in an average sized bull?
Can you use decoys? I notice Sportco don't carry 'em, but I think I saw some "magnum" rubber ones at K-mart around Halloween.
Can you bait 'em? If so I'm using the leftovers from this bucket of KFC I'm munchin' on. I figure any animal that "tastes like chicken" has got to "like to taste chicken", right?
Do they respond to calls? Should I tape record the lifter on a garbage truck to re-play?
Do I need a "rat stamp"?
Is there really a "Rocky Mtn. Rat Foundation"? I keep getting mailers from them and "Rats Unlimited"...
What kind of dog should I use? Or... duh...is a cat better? I'll only use a cat if they'll retrieve; I hate the idea of woundin' and losin' even a single rodent.
Does the WDFW offer special hunts in all the really good places?
If all the wild rats get shot-out, will they give us a program to raise captive rats and then let them lose at "release areas" for us to hunt?
Since I've never hunted rats, can you put me in touch with a good "rat guide"? And I'm not talkin' bout some joker who'll just get me my limit and then send me on my way; I want a guide who's willin' to show me all the subleties of rat huntin'!
Is rat hunting really that much better out of state?
Are all of the "public rat areas" as over crowded with hunters as I've heard?
Does a twelve guage make a good "rat gun"? I think I'll use mine for the close shots and my 338 for the long shots over 20 feet.
If I do find a good "rat spot" should I tell anyone about it? I'm afraid if I do pretty soon they'll write it up in Fishing and Hunting News and then it'll be way too crowded to be worth a damn!

I really need some answer! Good Rattin' to you!

GS

"I fish, therefore someone else must tend the cooler!"