Here is an interesting bit concerning members of the Grays Harbor Advisers or rather a new member. So the question becomes why the concern about the CCA? Another e mail thread addressed that as to not having two CCA members as Advisers and Kirt Hughes was even sending out a sheet that he wanted your views on harvest / conservation / any affiliations prompting one individual to ask if we were going back to the 50's and Tailgunner JOE! Now compare this concern with six or more members are from the Gillnetters Association with two members from the same family. I will find some additional information on the Advisory Group but I thought this is relevant.

So no confusion exist I am on the Advisory Group ( the newbie ) and this Rec / Commercial bit is a load of crap. In my view WDF&W has created a Adviser Group that DOES NOT IN ANYWAY REFLECT THE CITIZENS OF GRAYS HARBOR & THE CHEHALIS BASIN.

To: Hughes, Kirt M (DFW)
Subject: RE: GH Advisory Committee... new members?
Date: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 7:03:00 AM

My only hesitation is that since the inception of the AdHoc committee there has been the creation of a different element that will enter the committee if we open positions. This element is CCA.

Ron Warren
Region 6 Fish Program 48 Devonshire Road
Montesano, WA 98563
360-249-1201 Office
360-249-1229 Fax
ron.warren@dfw.wa.gov

Sent: Tuesday, January 12, 2010 6:09 AM
To:
Cc: JC ; Warren, Ron R (DFW)
Subject: Re: GH Advisory Committee... new members?

--------
Thanks for the conversation last night. I will speak with Ron about soliciting new members for the GH group; he is at Pacific Salmon Commission meetings this week so it may be a few days before we are able to put something together.
Kirt Hughes

To: Hughes, Kirt M (DFW)
Cc: ----------
Sent: Mon Jan 11 23:53:28 2010
Subject: GH Advisory Committee... new members?
Kirt

With the recent passing of Mike Munsell, the recreational representation on our committee is down one more body. With the loss of Andy Matthews, and the chronic lack of participation from the folks from the I-5 corridor, it seems appropriate to infuse some new blood from the sportfishing community.

Allow me to introduce John --------- , a local GH resident, avid fisherman in local waters, and currently Govt Relations Committee (GRC) liaison between the local chapter of the CCA and the State GRC.
He has a keen interest in the GH fisheries and wants to learn more about the key GH issues. Mild mannered, soft spoken, a good listener, and a critical thinker… he would definitely be an asset to our group.

If we could arrange for a face to face introduction before we convene as a committee next month, that would be great.

Thanks, -------

Edited by Rivrguy (11/17/13 11:51 AM)