Round two on Willapa is about to start. So before I get to watch my computer screen melt with fire breathing e mails ........ no I do not know the location. No I do not know where staff intends to engage the public ( outside another dog & pony show ) in a real manner. No I do not expect much out of the AD HOC folks as only maybe four even put in the effort to stay with the process. The so called Willapa Advisers truly representing Willapa citizens? Nah most do not even live in Pacific County ( other than some of the commercials ) and that is the most uninformed group I have ever seen.

So the dance goes on and as soon as I get the information I will post it.

Hi Everyone,

We are soliciting feedback from the ad-hoc committee about another meeting. Please mark your calendars for these potential dates.

Merry Christmas all!

Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2014 11:49 AM
Subject: Potential Meeting

Hi Everyone,

I am wondering what your availability is for another meeting on December 29th, 30th, and January 5th or 6th. Please let me know if you are available during the day, or evening, or both.

To catch you up, we have spent quite a bit of time recalibrating the Chinook model. We noticed that the spawning escapement in North River wasn’t responding to various harvest rates, even a zero harvest rate. The recalibration has breathed some life into Willapa as a potential for primary. We are currently turning the various dials with harvest rates and hatchery production to see the effect.

If I don’t hear from you before tomorrow, please have a very Merry Christmas!

Cheers

Steve Thiesfeld
Washington Department of Fish and Wildlife
Region 6 Fish Program Manager
48 Devonshire Road, Montesano, WA 98563
Steven.Thiesfeld@dfw.wa.gov
360-249-1201

Edited by Rivrguy (12/25/14 06:15 AM)