Originally Posted By: Rivrguy
Support of HB 1660 that went to the South Coast Legislators.

As an out-of-state sport salmon fishing enthusiast, I support passage of HB 1660. I encourage you to also support this bill!

I encourage the State of Washington to develop and maintain a world class sport salmon fishery. It would be good for the economy of your coastal communities. For the past 15 years I have been coming to Washington from Colorado to sport fish for salmon at various locations along the coast of your State. Initially, I would spend over 3 months every summer starting at Snow Creek (near Neah Bay) then moving to Grays Harbor (Westport), and then onto Willapa Bay (Tokeland) before heading home to Colorado in late September. However, as the commercial fishery took priority over sport fishing in Washington State I have reduced my days fishing and traveling in your State.

In 2014, I spent about 7 days fishing salmon in Washington. All of these days were fishing out of Tokeland. I now spend most of my salmon fishing dollars in British Columbia and Alaska. However, I would much prefer to keep my salmon fishing dollars in the State of Washington. Passage of HB 1066 would be a great step in again making Washington a national salmon fishing destination.

I also encourage you to support the development of Willapa Bay into a world class Chinook Salmon sport fishery! I would like someone to show me a more productive and safe Chinook salmon fishing area than Willapa Bay. I don't believe such a place exists. From my perspective, the Willapa Bay Commercial salmon harvest is the primary road block to the development of Willapa Bay into a world class sport fishing destination. Do you remember when Westport was the Salmon Fishing Capital of the World! I do! At that time, small business in and around Westport were booming.

Thanks!

+1
My $$ are heading out of state also.

No you can’t have my rights---I’m still using them