Originally Posted By: Chasin' Baitman
Sounds like some dramatic developments at NOF:

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sport...ng-a-crescendo/

I like the stand tony floor (and the F&W advisory board) is taking...even if I don't fully understand it! smile

If this has been covered earlier I apologize. But when he says "We’re giving 75 percent of our stake on these four wild chinook stocks of concern"...what is he referring to?

From the link: During this closed meeting with about 40 sport fishing advisory board members all voted unanimously to not “cave into” the tribe’s wants and needs moving forward.

“If you saw the preseason plan on how many fish the tribes will catch, they have at least more than doubled their catches of these four wild chinook stocks of concern, and then they want us to give more?” Floor said. “No it is not going to happen and we have drawn a line in the sand even if this means going to court so be it.”

So who decides if the state goes to court over fishing season's with the tribes? This 40 person group? The fish & wildlife dept staff? The fish & wildlife commission? The governor? Who essentially makes the final decision here if it comes to this? Anyone know?