Gentlemen (I use the term loosely here) and ladies,

I have an idea for the start of a grass root campaign aimed at public awareness of Gillnetting in our rivers and the indiscriminate killing of ESA listed (wild) fish. I thought I would put it out here first, since I know you guys will be brutally honest in your feedback. So here it is:

1. Rent and create a web site called "NoMoreNets.org" ( I checked and the domain name is available) On this site, place information about the use of tribal gill nets in the rivers and how they are killing wild salmon for profit. Pictures of nets strung across rivers and of dead salmon thrown on the banks in great piles, ect. There can also be updated information added. The idea is to expose the REAL DEAL when it comes to tribal netting and dispel the myth of the Nobel Savage who is a brother to nature and concerned about conservation.

2. Rent two billboards (one north bound, one south bound) along the I-5 corridor and place notices on them to draw attention to the web site. They could read something like:

Gill netters allowed to KILL ENDANGERED SPECIES FOR PROFIT!
Know More
NoMoreNets.org

I feel like this would be a good start, to see if the movement gains momentum. At least creating some public awareness and perhaps some pressure to bring the issue to light.

Of course, this will cost some funds. I think initially anyway, it could be raised through donations. In addition, it will take a small group of specialized volunteers. Someone who can build and maintain the web site, someone to write the articles and maybe someone associated in advertising to get a deal on the billboards. The goal is to have it a totally grassroot movement, not involving any organized group like PSA or Trout Unlimited, as they just muddy things by introducing politics.

Well, there it is, in the raw. Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

1Sgt U.S. Army (Ret)