Originally Posted By: stonefish
Coley,
Nice series of pics. Been there before are far as not having the right flies, thankfully just not in the Bahamas.
Anything tan is always my go to down that way along with different weight eyes. Blind patterns saved the one day while fishing off my knees for spooking bones in a salt lake.
Looks like you got hit with a pretty good blow. What island were you on?
That fish looks great.
SF

We were on Green Turtle Cay which is a tiny little island just off of Great Abaco. Awesome little place with super friendly locals and some great options for some family friendly activities.

I'd read that the fishing would be challenging, that the fish were fewer and farther between than in most other places, that the fish were spooky due to pressure, but that the fish here were on the large side. My experience was in line with all of this. It took me a little while to figure out timing and a few places, but after a few days I was getting shots every time out. Didn't have a lot of time to devote to fishing but had some very memorable experiences on a few of times I did get a little time to flog the water.

EZ Thread Yarn Balls

"I don't care how you catch them, as long as you treat them well and with respect." Lani Waller in "A Steelheader's Way."