Yup - tendons and ligaments are so fickle. It's easy to tweak things again once they've already been repeatedly stretched out (see Lacy). I've never outright torn a knee that I know of, but they and my ankles have been stretched so badly from sports, fun and work that they are like limp rubber bands with zero stability now.

Several years ago I was playing around with friends, slipped on gravelly concrete and buckled my knee 90 degrees sideways. Heard and felt a loud pop and thought my knee was blown for the first time. Turns out I didn't tear anything, rather my ligaments were already so loose from sports that I bypassed any tearing and went straight to breaking my Tibia at the knee (broke the knee bone head clean off). Good ligaments stop that from happening. I didn't need any surgery, but I did have a full leg cast for 6 months after it was set. The Docs told me sports and getting my arse kicked for years allowed that to happen.

So...Lacy ain't gonna do chit either. 27, bad ligaments & tendons, overweight playing RB in the NFL. That's not a good plan for any longevity. He may have 1 - 2 decent years left.

Trading for brand name running backs over 25 years old in the NFL is just stupid. They wear out too quickly. Any good college RB with pass blocking skills can fill the void immediately (they're not QB's that need a few years of development). Draft RB's that are ready to go I say. Trade after 4 - 5 years and repeat for fresh legs.

AND DRAFT SOME DAMN O_LINEMEN SEATTLE!

Edited by NickD90 (04/28/17 08:37 AM)