Yeah yard security for keeping out "certain" people will definitely be mandatory. That's why Turkeys and Geese were invented.

Seriously, pack goats are in my future 5 year hobby farm plan. I was just showing Toff where I'm planning on putting the barn and animal corral in my yard tonight. I want a 2 pack goats; 2 potbelly pigs, chickens / ducks / geese / turkeys / pheasant / quail...whatever. I draw the line with Peacocks and Llamas. Not even Turkeys can reach the level of pure dickishness evil that are Peacocks. Llamas spit and I will be forced to punch it in the face. F' that.

Being a Colorado boy, I'm actually surprised that the relative foreignness of pack Goats in these here parts. With all of the crunchy hipster libs around here, I figured the trails would be just as littered with them as they are in Colorado. I first used (rented) them about 25 years ago going up into the Wind River Range on a 14 day trip - back when nobody really ever heard of such a thing. I was sold on day one.

Obviously, I want them to help me kill things. Go in deeper and for longer without leaving much of trace (if any). No trailers, tack or food needed. A leash and a pack are all that are required. They are flipping sweet for summer flyfishing backpack trips to be certain. So easy and you don't kill yourself with your own gear on the way up. I got old knees so I will cheat as needed.

Here's a good link for Pack Goat info (SFW): http://www.napga.org/

Check this out!
Elk Hunting w/ Pack Goats

Edited by NickD90 (06/06/17 09:49 PM)