Originally Posted By: Carcassman
When I took Fish Management in college it was taught by Alex Calhoun, Chief of Inland Fisheries for CFG. He said that the rest of the Pacific states were watching CA to learn from the mistakes there in development, dams, logging, hatcheries, and whole lot of other lessons.

Nope, no learning here.

Pretty dam, sad isn't it Carcassman. I saw development and dams ruin fisheries in your backyard in of Olema even. I remember fishing Tomales Bay and White House pool near Pt Reyes Station and quite the run of wild Coho and large steelhead too as I can personally attest to tonight! Development of Alpine and Kent and Nicasio dams were the death knell for those fisheries as stream area dropped from 87 miles to I believe 14 (?) Oh well guess this old guy can live with fond memories of days gone by tonight!

BTW did you recognize anyone in that video clip? Russell Chatham was a local guy great fly-fisherman and renowned painter who I hung out with up in Livingston MT. Ever meet him? Still active in fly-fishing circles and Russian River Steelhead Association!

BTW WA. state could take a lesson from CA. these days in there ocean fisheries management as it was another stellar year for Chinook down there too!