Here Is the latest development: The RCO money, approved and available to install the ramp for the last several years, was about to expire. If it did, it would be lost, so justifiably, the WDFW returned it so it could be used for other projects. The money will take 2 years to recover, minimum.

The WDFW has continued to negotiate with the Suquamish tribe, and has repeated asked them WHAT they want in compensation for hypothetical damage to their nets (even though they cannot net in Area 9 where the ramp is). The tribe refuses to provide any information over the last 12 months, even after WDFW extended response deadlines 3 times to fit the 2016 agenda, the tribe still will not provide a response. At all. Nothing.

Meanwhile, Jerry Gregory is the contact for Point No Point ramp business at the Corps of Engineers for Colonel Buck, in command of the Seattle Army Corps HQ. Over the past several (4-6 ) years, he (Jerry) has assured me the permit would be processed and he did not see any obstacles to approval. This positive outlook seemed firm, given the WDFW, and NOAA, and National Marine Fisheries Service, and Kitsap County, and Ecology have all approved the ramp, and addressed all the ESA, fisheries, and mitigation issues brought by the Suquamish Tribe. ALL OF THEM!

The Corps was asked by WDFW Director James Unsworth to approve the ramp permit in 2015. The Corps has not responded. http://wdfw.wa.gov/commission/meetings/2015/12/dec1115_08_usarce.pdf

Shortly after this letter, I was told by the Corps they had an internal meeting of legal counsel to discuss the ramp permit. I asked for access, and was denied. I asked for information on that meeting, and was denied. I further asked for a legal reason the Corps was not performing their duty, and received no response.

I hereby apologize to the WDFW for my earlier post pointing the finger at them (though it served its purpose), but that was based on information I received from the Corp. So now, I direct my questions to the Corps:

WHY are you NOT representing the people of the government that you work for?

Why did your legal team meet behind closed doors, and not share the results with WDFW or anyone else about this project?

What is the legal basis for your actions of not approving the ramp permit?

Who is stopping Jerry Gregory from finishing a file that has been on his desk for years, and why has Col. Buck not recognized all the WDFW/NOAA/County/Fisheries/Ecology work, and instead, been discussing undisclosed issues behind closed doors?

How can anyone know what their stance is, or what to address, or what their issue is without disclosure? How do we proceed?

Back to my original post: Why is the USACE office not performing?

Edited by ned (11/13/17 08:12 PM)