Snit - that's a part of the plan down the road. I'm going to get the SUV for client work first and then the truck for me second. I have a junk F-150 now that needs a ton of work done but it's not worth it. It was a good truck while it lasted, but my money is better spent elsewhere. I need an 8ft bed and I would prefer an extended cab over the crew max. V8 4 doors with full beds are too burdensome to drive and park in Seattle and they suck for gas mileage. So I think my plan will be to get a new SUV now and then get a weekend truck on the cheap in a year or two. Something like a 60 - 80K miles F-150 XLT with canopy. Or possibly a 250 so I can throw a larger camper on it.

I've have a bad run with higher mileage older vehicles lately. Within the past 6 months, my F-150, S-10 Blazer and Camry XLS have all chit the bed. I had to pick up a 60K miles Focus just to get around while I save up for something nicer. It's a decent bare bones little car, but I can't get into the mountains with it and it's kinda embarrassing for client work. I'm tired of throwing good money after bad and this new unplanned job pushed up my timeline. Since the company is going to comp a good portion of the payment, I can now afford to get a nicer SUV. Those new 4Runner TRD Pro's seem really nice but I need to test drive one first...

Edited by NickD90 (02/16/18 04:15 AM)