id say about 3 minutes or so.. towards the end of the day i did let it get a little warmer, it didnt affect much, didnt let it get hot tho... after it got the warmest, it sat for roughly 8-10 minutes before i fired again...

i started thinking last night about what was going on, and i may have figured part of it out...

the scope issue losing the crosshairs, thats something im going to have to figure out...

the pulling shots, it was the platform... they use these red rests that are like a funky pyramid that goes up to the rest point, at the rest, its about 3 inches wide, by 4 inches...

well i like the rest to be back further, in front of the floor plate, when you put a long rifle on a rest that is 3 inches wide, you create a teeter point, the gun moves freely, which is probably why i could see my heart rate so easily in the scope... if you watch Sticks videos, and nearly any long range shooter, they are shooting off bags, or rucks like Stick, well thats not a teeter point, Stick for instance could have 10 inches to a foot of contact on the bottom of the rifle... makes for a much more stable platform than a 3 inch wide square....

when testing ammo, i like to use rests, like gun sits in it rest... i can get a lead sled for 70 bucks which i may do, but i was also thinking i need a back pack to carry the tools and sh!t back and forth, so i could take that out and stuff my coat or a couple of coats in it and shoot off that, similar to what Stick does....

then, there is the guy from the other videos i posted, he has that plate that comes out of the bottom of the butt, and contacts the ground, but that would require alteration and im not going to go that route i dont think, i want to see if i can get used to this stock first....

i guess it didnt perform that bad, but it still could be better... i havent owned a magnum rifle since my dad died, just some .308s and 7.62X39 and such, last magnum rifle i fired was my brothers .300 win Savage 110, and i fired like 3 rounds out of it... ive also never owned a .300 mag, so im not super used to firing them like i am the 7MM mag...

that teeter point tho, has been bugging the sh!t out of me now that i realized it..... it basically cost me 100 bucks to figure that out....