Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1002227 - 01/27/19 09:04 AM Need a vacation spot recommendation
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
I never seem take a "real" vacation or at least I haven't had a "real" one in probably a decade. I only seem to take 1 - 2 days here or there for regional outdoor activities. I'm due and I'm looking for advice or recommendations on a new spot.

Requirements:
Sun
Beach
Hammock
Peace and Quiet (no drama or unnecessary BS)

Looking to go maybe 2 - 3 weeks for $5K and under. I don't need any fancy accommodations and would be perfectly happy with a grass hut on the beach. Bonus if the local gals have nice butts and the food is good.

Right now, I'm thinking Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia, Vietnam, Cambodia or Thailand. I really just want to beach n' chill and am not looking for anything too action packed. Sure, some easy local sightseeing would be cool or a maybe a panga rental for a day or two. I'm a serious "over-planner", to the point of fault, so on this trip I'd kinda like to just buy a ticket and figure it out when I get there.

#1002228 - 01/27/19 09:13 AM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
Happy Birthday Carcassman Online   content
River Nutrients

Loc: Olema,California,Planet Earth
Nick

Costa Rica and Tobago are two suggestions. Especially CR. Check out Costa Rica Expeditions. While they will take care off everything, and transfers from the airport to wherever are nice, they will customize the trip to you personal level of "luxury", hammock size, and so on.

#1002239 - 01/27/19 02:09 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: Carcassman]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Laos

#1002240 - 01/27/19 02:45 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Turkey. Hammocks SUCK ! Good luck.

- Albert Einstein.

#1002247 - 01/27/19 07:57 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
Snake Pliskin Offline
Bead

Loc: Duvall
Ask Vedder. He's been around the world, most places off the map, nice weather and usually topless female natives at your beck and call. Oh, and he fishes sometimes too.

#1002250 - 01/27/19 09:11 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
Excitable Bob Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: fuctifino
San Jose, Costa Rica. go to the Hotel DelRey, and the Blue Marlin Bar. They have whatever you want. When your done and exhausted they can set you up with fishing trips and whatever you want to do. You have to fly into San Jose anyway, might as well stop there for a few days. Not much to do in San Jose, best to get out to the coast. Don't wander around at night in San Jose.
Come on down where we can play
Come on down to my boat baby
Come on down we'll sail away.

#1002251 - 01/27/19 10:44 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: Excitable Bob]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Excitable Bob
Don't wander around at night in San Jose.
Sounds like a great vacation spot dude...

#1002263 - 01/28/19 09:32 AM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
GoldDigger Offline
Returning Adult

Nick,

Costa Rica's the place.

Call and talk to Terri, and tell her Mike sent you (she'll know). Whatever kind of vacation you want, she can set it up for you. Amazing fishing in some of the most pristine water you'll ever find, or, if you just want to hang out on a beach full of the finest local booty she can arrange that too.

You can message her from the site (below) or PM me and I can send you her phone number.

http://www.costaricawildlifetours.com/

#1002276 - 01/28/19 12:22 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

Thanks Hank, but I've done the Keys a million times. Oldest sister and dad lived in Key West for about 20 years. It's a great, great time - but I've been there and done that. Looking for something new. Costa Rica is probably at the top of the list right now, but I'll still take additional recommendations.

Thanks all,

#1002303 - 01/28/19 03:14 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: ]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Hankster
I've been to a helluva lot of places and seen a helluva lot of things. I lived in Japan and I've been to Vietnam and the Philippines.
Frank World War 2 doesn't count as travel. But glad you were over there playing Margaret Hot Lips Hoolahan.

I really like S France if I were gonna go some place to relax. For good food and lots of night life New Orleans. For fishing in a warm locale I thought east cape was pretty awesome. But man those Tarpon in Costa Rica look like the sh!t!

#1002310 - 01/28/19 06:49 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: vapidangler
Originally Posted By: Excitable Bob
Don't wander around at night in San Jose.
Sounds like a great vacation spot dude...

Don't forget to tour the Winchester House. :>)

- Albert Einstein.

#1002313 - 01/28/19 07:09 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: ]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

The last time I was in the Keys Tarpon fishing, fishing was excellent and the weather too. One day the high was 84 and the low was 84. crazy

Never seen so many different govt law agencies driving around. I think we counted 8 different ones. Check out the Ernest Hemingway house and the six toed Cat's. Tarpon are unreal to hook up on, you will have a smile on your face that will last days. Their POWER is something you have to witness to appreciate.

When I retire I will be spending months in the winter fishing down there. Staying in Key West is super expensive...better bargains going east.

- Albert Einstein.

#1002314 - 01/28/19 07:18 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Originally Posted By: vapidangler
Originally Posted By: Hankster
I've been to a helluva lot of places and seen a helluva lot of things. I lived in Japan and I've been to Vietnam and the Philippines.
Frank World War 2 doesn't count as travel. But glad you were over there playing Margaret Hot Lips Hoolahan.

For good food and lots of night life New Orleans.

New Orleans for sure, and speaking of French, I’d like to go back to Montreal and practice more French wink.

But for fishing and warmth, Cabo, Costa Rica, Bahamas.

#1002315 - 01/28/19 07:51 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: dwatkins]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

I was in the big easy for their Jazz festival..cool town and dee-licious food. beer

- Albert Einstein.

#1002323 - 01/28/19 10:06 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: Sol Duc]
vapidangler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
I was in the big easy for their Jazz festival..cool town and dee-licious food. beer

It's a damn cool town. Love it there...to visit. Don't go in summer.

#1002325 - 01/28/19 10:36 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: Sol Duc]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
The last time I was in the Keys Tarpon fishing, fishing was excellent and the weather too. One day the high was 84 and the low was 84. crazy

Never seen so many different govt law agencies driving around. I think we counted 8 different ones. Check out the Ernest Hemingway house and the six toed Cat's. Tarpon are unreal to hook up on, you will have a smile on your face that will last days. Their POWER is something you have to witness to appreciate.

When I retire I will be spending months in the winter fishing down there. Staying in Key West is super expensive...better bargains going east.

Agreed on all of those things. KW is KW. Like Vegas, its either the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever. Sometimes at the same time. My sister and BIL both tended bar at Sloppy's for like 20 years. $8K month mortgage for a match stick box house on stilts on a canal on Cudjoe Key. Complete with 200 lb tarpon literally at the backyard seawall. But when you can pull $5K cash a night tending bar, it kinda becomes like monopoly money at some point. The real world has no bearing on KW.

The best part was they knew everyone and everyone owed them from all the free drinks. Food, beverages, fishing, parasailing, jet-ski's, sunset tours were all on the house. Kick in my old man's 40' foot sail boat and it sucked badly.

I'm actually surprised I'm still allowed back on the island. thumbs

#1002326 - 01/28/19 10:37 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: ]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Agreed. New Orleans is To visit only! But it’s the best. Kinda like the summer, see it for all its debauchery and crazy ass thunderstorms.

#1002844 - 02/06/19 06:53 AM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

Anyone have any experience with the Osa Peninsula in Costa Rica?

#1002845 - 02/06/19 07:10 AM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
River Nutrients

We visited Puerto Jimenez, on the east side of the peninsula. Boated over from the mainland. Some friends had stayed on the Pacific side of Oso, primarily for the surfing. Hard to get to as the rain and Tico roads don't mix well in the area. Go in the dry if you drive, or fly in a small plane. Lightly settled/developed. So, fishing is probably pretty good, beaches are not too crowded, and life will be on Tico Time. The Oso does have a few more Jaguar and other native animals than much of the lowlands. For the real adventurer there is supposedly gold in some of them thar streams.

#1002846 - 02/06/19 07:41 AM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

Thanks CM.

I'm looking for out-of-the-way spots and some research lead me to Osa.
I originally just wanted the beach, but now I'm thinking of working in some fishing and that also lead me to Osa. I figured a couple of days out fishing never hurt anybody and I'll be right there. So.....yeah...Roosters!

#1002940 - 02/06/19 07:07 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
NickD90 Offline

These guys on Drake Bay may not be too bad. Rated 99.9% 5 stars on trip advisor.

http://fishdrakebay.com/

Typical prices, but fishing in that general area is supposed to be off the charts due to it's relative remoteness. There's not a big fleet in that area, so there should be plenty of water to choose from. I'm thinking a day each - offshore and inshore.

When not fishing, I'll be doing the local ECO nature thing. I want to see some crazy cool wildlife.

#1002941 - 02/06/19 07:23 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: NickD90]
River Nutrients

Oso would be good for that.

#1002943 - 02/06/19 07:33 PM Re: Need a vacation spot recommendation [Re: Carcassman]
fish4brains Offline
Dah Rivah Stinkah Pink Mastah

Loc: zipper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 903 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645361 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |