Page 22 of 36 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 35 36 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1032848 - 06/23/20 10:06 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: NickD90]
RabidAngler
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: NickD90
Originally Posted By: stonefish
Really looking forward to a 15-45 Mariners team.
SF

LOL. Classic Stoney. rofl

You know what? After all of this craziness...I'll fuggin' take it.

Well,that's all the Seattle Mariners are gonna give you.

#1032851 - 06/23/20 10:19 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Don't sell em' short. 16. Maybe even 17.

#1032855 - 06/24/20 07:11 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: NickD90]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Loc: Carkeek Park
Really looking forward to a 15-45 Mariners team.
SF

LOL. Classic Stoney. rofl

You know what? After all of this craziness...I'll fuggin' take it.

Oh, I’m looking forward to watching sports again.
The problem is that watching Mariners baseball and calling it a sport is a stretch most of the time. They are a pathetic [Bleeeeep!] franchise, most well know for dancing groundskeepers, sailboat races and playing the 95 highlight tape over and over...
SF

#1032856 - 06/24/20 07:23 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
FleaFlickr02 Offline
River Nutrients

I see it differently. The 2020 "champion" will forever carry an asterisk in the record books due to the shortened season. Further, the Mariners have historically given us the most hope (a relative measure, to be sure) during the first two months of the season. If they can hold off the mid-season fade just a few games longer than usual, they might just make the playoffs. From there, we're only a few miracles short of glory.

It all adds up to the perfect season for the M's to win their first (and probably last) title... Asterisks be damned.

#1032857 - 06/24/20 07:39 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

I see it differently still. You are partially correct Flea2, the Mariners do traditionally start strong, kind of like a little kid on a hike, or a new dog on the trail, or evo on google, over exuberance from fans feeds them enough energy to get them thinking, "hey, we're not all that bad" of course other teams know differently and have generally justifiable looked right on past them up until it actually starts to matter, this season it will matter right from the start, count the Mariners out early, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Stonefish is looked back as an overly enthusiastic optimistic cheerleader with his prediction once this all plays out.

The Pink Palace will remain a 550 million dollar Monument to Mediocrity for yet another season......book it.

#1032860 - 06/24/20 08:34 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline

"Evo on Google".

LOL...

rofl

"Types of face masks" [/enter]

"Types of face masks men wear when they work" [/enter]

"Types of face masks men wear when they work when they don't want to catch bad viruses and bugs and stuff". [/enter]

and on and on and on and on....

#1032862 - 06/24/20 08:45 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: DCC]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Originally Posted By: DCC
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Stonefish is looked back as an overly enthusiastic optimistic cheerleader with his prediction once this all plays out.

I was just giving them the benefit of doubt.
I’d be more then happy to see 0-60.
The Mariners.....the Norte Dame of MLB. wink
SF

#1032867 - 06/24/20 09:01 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: stonefish]
NickD90 Offline

Originally Posted By: DCC
I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Stonefish is looked back as an overly enthusiastic optimistic cheerleader with his prediction once this all plays out.

I was just giving them the benefit of doubt.
I’d be more then happy to see 0-60.
The Mariners.....the Norte Dame of MLB. wink
SF

At least ND has religion to fall back on and explain away the gay. The Mariners have fried crickets and Bark in the Park and that's about it.

We are about 1 week away from everything falling apart again. I'll believe they'll play sports again when I actually see it on TV with my own eyes. Until, it is wishful thinkin'.

This is going to be the longest year ever.

#1032872 - 06/24/20 09:52 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
DCC Offline
The Walnut

What are you doing with all your free time?
This has actually been a pretty good year personally, work was deemed essential and has remained reasonably busy, time off has been easier to come by, so that is nice, put on so many mountain miles early on closed trails that I was in fall shape by May, snowshoe'd up to Knoble Knob on the brutally steep Deep Creek Trail, have done Norse peak, Corral Pass and everything in between, dropped back from 183 to 173, have a great garden, explored some micro zones that have been on the radar for years, picked up more sheds than I have in years in the process, haven't fished at all and I do miss that, but time away from the TV and sports and bars has been great, might be a permanent thing, should be anyway.
As long as none of you bacteria/virus packing vermin infect me I expect to keep on keepin' on for the rest of the year pretty much like I have so far.

Mask up, Bitches, enjoy the ride.

#1032874 - 06/24/20 10:04 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline

Besides full work weeks...new garden, new chickens, yardwork, house work, shrimpin', ling cod fishin', crappie fishin', steelhead fishin', turkey huntin', shootin' the bow and a couple of small get-togethers here at the house. Need to start scouting for upcoming season and do some trail work.

It's not me I'm worried about. I have plenty to keep me preoccupied.

I will be get pissy if football isn't played. Looks like I'm gonna be pissy then, because we ain't gettin' chit for sports.

#1032899 - 06/24/20 11:55 AM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
stonefish Offline
King of the Beach

Walking for me.
I’ve walked over 300 miles since the stay at home orders.
Not every day but usually get in 5+ on the days I walk.
Trying to do a lot of hills.

Got some veggies going. Been clearing out the family household and finally got it on the market this week. Lots of stuff to go through after 67 years....

I’m digging working from home. Having a beer or two for lunch versus the normal office routine is something I wouldn’t mind doing daily until I retire in a few years.
SF

#1032905 - 06/24/20 12:27 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline

Good for you dude! This whole thing really has brought a lot of new things to the forefront for a lot of folks. It's reminding people of proper work life balance and all the things we were (are) missing.

I also quit smoking and have saved a pile of cash just from that. No commuting, no extra gas, no dry cleaning or lunches out. Save 2 hours of my day just from the commute alone. There is a strong chance I'll never work in an office again and that's just fine by me.

I grew the nastiest, grossest Corona beard. Didn't touch it for 3 months - looked like somebody epoxied roadkill to my face. Just shaved it up a couple of days ago, so I look kinda like a human again. Kinda.

#1032906 - 06/24/20 12:30 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: NickD90]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA

I grew the nastiest, grossest Corona beard. Didn't touch it for 3 months - looked like somebody epoxied roadkill to my face. Just shaved it up a couple of days ago, so I look kinda like a human again. Kinda.

Tough call. That beard was fantastically gross, but you didn't look all that great without it, either. At least with the beard some chick might think there could be someone she wants to bang in there somewhere.

Let me know how it goes.

rofl

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1032909 - 06/24/20 12:35 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

I don’t miss the Bay Area commute at home. I think this will allow for working at home a few days a week and less office leasing.

#1032910 - 06/24/20 12:36 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
SpoonFed Offline
Three Time Spawner

So you quit, quit eh nick?
Congrats my dude.
I just celebrated a year back in May.

I hope people that can do their jobs from home, continue to do so.

And as nick said, think about the home/work life balance.
Less traffic during the work week.
Sounds like a step in the right direction.

#1032911 - 06/24/20 12:37 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline

I agree Todd.

Edited by NickD90 (06/24/20 12:42 PM)

#1032912 - 06/24/20 12:41 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
NickD90 Offline

Yes - I quit. I've slipped up once or twice when others have had some smokes near me, but I haven't bought a cig in months. Feelz good man!

I think many Americans are starting to realize what "work" looks like in most of the EU. It's pretty damn nice. They've been telling us this for years, but Americans have had that hardworking, overtime slave wage mentality forever. Folks are waking up to what life can be like and it's great!

Micro-mangers everywhere are having existential crisis after crisis and it's a beautiful thing.

#1032935 - 06/24/20 02:02 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: NickD90]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA

I think many Americans are starting to realize what "work" looks like in most of the EU. It's pretty damn nice. They've been telling us this for years, but Americans have had that hardworking, overtime slave wage mentality forever. Folks are waking up to what life can be like and it's great!

I think this is true. It took a bit of getting used to, but I was able to do about 70% of my work from home, though not as quickly or as efficiently, but if it were to become permanent I could get it up to speed by adding a few bells and whistles.

I think there will be some significant changes to the commercial real estate world...smaller and less densely populated office spaces are probably on the horizon.

That being said, Amazon has experimented with working from home, and abandoned it, for the most part...they found that a lot more work can get done with butts in seats, that's why they have so many buildings and offices everywhere.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

#1032957 - 06/24/20 03:28 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: Todd]
DBS Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: worshington
Originally Posted By: Todd

I think this is true. It took a bit of getting used to, but I was able to do about 70% of my work from home, though not as quickly or as efficiently, but if it were to become permanent I could get it up to speed by adding a few bells and whistles.

I think there will be some significant changes to the commercial real estate world...smaller and less densely populated office spaces are probably on the horizon.

That being said, Amazon has experimented with working from home, and abandoned it, for the most part...they found that a lot more work can get done with butts in seats, that's why they have so many buildings and offices everywhere.

Fish on...

Todd

I never understood Amazon's mentality on work-from-home. I turned down a couple gigs there because of that attitude.

I've been very lucky to have worked from home about 95% of the time since 2001. Just give me a laptop and and fast internet connection and away we go. I hate commuting so this works for me. I and some colleagues are more productive at home anyway.

Here's a bonus for everyone. During Covid, we've been working and paying into the economy just like before the pandemic. Hope it helps.

#1032960 - 06/24/20 03:56 PM Re: Baseball thread [Re: dwatkins]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

Ya but Todd has 3 monitors.

Page 22 of 36 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 35 36 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
Carcassman, Clipfin, Danny Clyde, Dannyboy, dk1948, Twitch
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (wolverine), 1007 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645362 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |