THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1002910 - 02/06/19 03:03 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? * [Re: 5 * General Evo]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Loc: PNW
Originally Posted By: Evo
get a ROKU stick...

Jake, STFU, you think kids build the fvckin things? (dont answer that, i actually personally know the creator)

You know the creator of Roku personally? Lol, your lies are getting weaker by the second.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1002911 - 02/06/19 03:04 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Sky-Guy Offline
The Tide changed

Loc: Everett
I should add, for TV content this seems to be the best setup for us.

On Amazon prime there are a ton of free movies and shows, and you can rent new releases which charge directly to your amazon account.

DTVNow has many of the local stations, and you can get HBO, STARZ etc cheaper than cable package rates.

Combined with Netflix, and there is more than I would ever care to watch, and we get all the sports channels we need too.

#1002914 - 02/06/19 03:15 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

ive had 2 Roku Tv's for the last 3 years (one the panel went out, Sharp 50 ), and have had nothing but great experiences with Roku...

bought the stick for Christmas, and its 100 percent flawless...

i also have Prime, works good, lots of good shows on it like Bosch and Sneaky Pete...

with Roku you can get HBO, STARZ, ect for monthly payments if you want, you dont need to by a package from a satellite company to do it....

it almost can, and sometimes does get more expensive than just cable...

like for me, 55 a month for internet, 15 for Prime, 15 for Netflix, so thats 85 a month right there... Roku fills the gap with tons of free sh!t, yes, the Firestick can do alot of the same apps, but ive heard of several people that had problems with theirs and connecting, optimizing, ect... i havent had one issue ever...

you can also run KODI enabled devices as well, like Xbox 1 and 360, PS 3 and 4, Wii U, ect... but those are gaming systems and they are only for children i guess....

#1002915 - 02/06/19 03:15 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Sol Duc Offline
April Fool

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Living in Lewis county with only a Century Link line the options are limited.
Our current internet is bundled with our phone service.

Currently if only one is using WIFI it works so so.
Typically though at least 3 are on WIFI during those times when the family is idle. Then it sucks A$$. Especially if the adults want to watch a flick while the kids are surfing.

At one time we ran Netflix through the Wii.
That ship has sailed.

I'm interested in getting a good option for internet, movies, YouTube, etc.

Can someone here help point out the bestest, fastest, option to bring my clan up to speed?

Move to Seattle.

- Albert Einstein.

#1002916 - 02/06/19 03:20 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
dwatkins Offline
I'm Idaho!

Get a TiVo.

But I do like that evo either builds homes or rubs elbows with so many elite people.

a true socialite.

#1002920 - 02/06/19 04:20 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
OceanSun Offline
Repeat Spawner

Loc: North Creek
Satellite Sucks! I live in the technology center of the earth and no one will bring a damn broadband cable down my 1/4 mile driveway. Just sayin' stay away from satellite internet if you can help it.

#1002936 - 02/06/19 06:41 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
NickD90 Offline
Shooting Instructor for hire

Loc: Snohomish, WA
Point of clarification.

Being down the hall in paint splattered coveralls, as the rich owner does a walk through with the general contractor, does not constitute actually knowing said rich person.

I stood next to Sean Kemp at Sea-Tac baggage claim once. We're best friends now and have family bbq's on the weekends.

#1002937 - 02/06/19 06:48 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
NickD90 Offline

Paker listen to me.

$250 / hour is Detroit hooker prices. I should have figured you for a Detroit hooker. Do you know what types of services a $250 Detroit Hooker provides? I don't exactly know either, but it I know its not good.

Don't be a $250 hour Detroit Hooker Paker.

WDFW...don't go above $50 / hr and cab fare. Wear your galoshes.

Edited by NickD90 (02/06/19 06:50 PM)

#1002938 - 02/06/19 07:04 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

first off, its SHAWN Kemp... and he was actually trying to buy my friends house on the hill in Renton.... if you drive by the downtown section, and look up on the hill, and see the huge white house, thats his... known him for over 20 years...

second, im not a painter, never was... framing and finish work along with CDR is what ive done... landscaping as well... and some other sh!t....

my dad was the Supe, and pretty much ran sh!t, so you get to meet people... especially when they invite you to their parties and such....

sure, im not best friends with the people, but i interacted with them nearly daily for sometimes up to 2 years... hell i called Linda 5 years ago and she still remembered me, my dad, my mom, and everything that was done... weird....

actually, lol, i probably dont know anyone, just making sh!t up like Gayson the pants pisser says....

or not....

hint, my hobbies are fishing, shooting, tech, stereo equipment, gaming, building sh!t, growing sh!t, and talking sh!t....

#1002939 - 02/06/19 07:05 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

oh, SHAWN, didnt buy the house because he couldnt afford the 3 million dollar price tag 4 years ago....

didnt do too well with his money i guess....

#1002944 - 02/06/19 08:58 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Direct-Drive Offline
ExtenZe Field Tester

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Oh yeah.
I had a beer with Bill Walton once.
Reeder Beach.

That and 5 bucks gets me one of those Starbucks lattes.

#1002945 - 02/06/19 09:11 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
snit Offline
Three Time Spawner

Loc: Wenatchee, WA
Nice one DD!

Oh yeah...I played 4-5-6 with Roger Clemens (The Rocket) at a center table at Squid Roe in Cabo back in '04, just me and him after he won the Cy Young (again). Was pretty cool, until he started to try to fuk my wife (at the time).

That and 5 bucks gets me one of those Starbucks lattes.

#1002947 - 02/06/19 09:35 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: ]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Originally Posted By: Steelspanker

One of your hobbies is "talkng sh!t"???

I'll remember that the next time you start crying like a pussy when someone throws you a Zinger. Oh, the hypocrisy!

I noticed that too. Evotard is extra high and cocky lately, but still afraid of mirrors.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1002948 - 02/06/19 09:43 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: 5 * General Evo]
NickD90 Offline

first off, its SHAWN Kemp

I know. I was checking to see if you were paying attention and or would take the spelling Nazi bait.

You did and I'm satisfied.

#1002949 - 02/06/19 09:53 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
Jason Beezuz Offline
My Waders are Moist

Evotard thinks playing gotcha makes him smart, like a 5th grader.

Maybe it's amphetamines.

#1002950 - 02/06/19 09:55 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

you are a intelligent man Nick....

check... smile

#1002951 - 02/06/19 09:56 PM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
5 * General Evo Offline
Lord of the Chums

rofl

right... get a life idiot...

#1002969 - 02/07/19 09:31 AM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: Sky-Guy]
Salmo g. Offline
River Nutrients

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Hey Paker, dont you have some printers to go fix today???

wdfw, you can check which other service options are available to you with your zip code at https://www.highspeedinternet.com/providers/

report your options back.

Once you get at least a 50MBs service ( I use Frontier fiber 50mb for $50 a month,) get a great wifi router. I use an Ubiquiti Amplifi mesh router, kicks ass. this will give you not only great wifi coverage all over house, but you can dedicate tv's n shizz to one band, and users on phones n shizz to another band.

For TV, I use Amazon Prime with a fire stick on each TV connected to the wifi network, with DirectvNow Streaming services. You only pay the annual Amazon Prime membership fee ( lots of other obviuous perks) and DTVNow is 45-65 a month depending on what you need.

Get Netflix.

You are set. Screw Roku, much better options out there.

Any of you suckers still paying comcast or some other behemoths bundled cable and internet packages are getting ripped off.

Sky Guy,

I don't understand 90% of your post, but we do pay Comcast a lot for a bundled cable and internet (and land line phone at no extra cost), so we're probably getting ripped off. Also have Netflix and Amazon Prime. I can't even program my remote and have Desco (the retailer where I bought the stuff) send out one of their whiz kids to set the damn thing up.

#1002973 - 02/07/19 09:49 AM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: WDFW X 1 = 0]
WDFW X 1 = 0 Offline
My Area code makes me cooler than you

The one star here is Parker.
He seems to be bright.

#1002977 - 02/07/19 09:57 AM Re: Best Internet and movie streaming option? [Re: ]
Todd Offline
Dick Nipples

Loc: Seattle, Washington USA
Originally Posted By: FishStickk
rofl

right... get a life idiot...

Sometimes I can’t tell if you’re talking to yourself or...... ?

For some folks, FS, unemployed couch surfing in your mom's double wide in a trailer park while playing expert on the internet all day and talking about cars and guns is "a life"...in spite of all facts to the contrary.

Fish on...

Todd

Team Flying Super Ditch Pickle

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (stonefish), 1097 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645297 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |