THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#100455 - 12/03/00 11:03 PM To the Complainers........
STEELYDAN Offline
Parr

Loc: Bonney Lake, Wa, USA
This message is to all of you guys who say you are ruining my favorite holes, rivers, etc. Get a life.....Why are you guys even on this site? This site is a "Forum". If you want to be so hush hush about everything........Get off the site and join your few other buddies and e-mail one another and stay off of this excellent site. It's a "Forum". I have yet to hear of any secret rivers posted...The nooch, satsop, queets, hump, sky, salmon, liar, etc, these aren't secrets. The fact of the matter is that you have to have the "know how" when it comes to consistently hooking fish. My 2 cents.

#100456 - 12/03/00 11:11 PM Re: To the Complainers........
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
10-4 GOOD BUDDY! I'm with you there!
keith

------------------

#100457 - 12/04/00 10:30 AM Re: To the Complainers........
Fishwhacker Offline
Parr

Loc: Auburn WA
Ditto

#100458 - 12/04/00 10:42 AM Re: To the Complainers........
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Cool,Oh I forgot this a free country and people have the choice to post or not to post just like we the right to voice opions,I guess I'm kinda caught off guard by this Oh I get it if you post here you are required to give up any and all info to every wanna be with a monitor....I'm outa here.
I think it so funny when you rookies with 20 or 30 post start dictating policy around here...enough is enough..see ya

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft
Release all Wild Fish----<'))>>{

#100459 - 12/04/00 10:46 AM Re: To the Complainers........
steelheaddude Offline
Juvenille at Sea

<~~~~~rookie...OK OK I give,,,The secret spot issssss,,,,, blue crick... http://www.nwfishing.net

#100460 - 12/04/00 11:04 AM Re: To the Complainers........
Fishwhacker Offline
Parr

I'm a "rookie" with 7 posts and 20 years fishing experience. At 30 years old I'd call myself a seasoned veteran. I do agree with you in one aspect it is a free country and are not required to post where, when, and how you fish. I also agree that there are few if any "secret" spots anymore which is sad, but am afraid will not be getting any better with population growth and mis management of the resources, which is forcing people/fishermen to explore new fishing grounds. Perhaps E-mail would be the best choice for "secret spot" info. exchange but I don't see the problem with posting general water conditions and run status. Just my opinion.

To post or not to post....that is the question.

#100461 - 12/04/00 11:21 AM Re: To the Complainers........
stlhdr1 Offline
BUCK NASTY!!

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Osprey,
careful who you may call a rookie, and I hope you weren't sending that rookie note in my direction. Perhaps we could hook up one day go fishing and see who does lack more knowledge. (remember I'm only 25 years old).
Keith

------------------

#100462 - 12/04/00 11:59 AM Re: To the Complainers........
Dan S. Offline
It all boils down to this - I'm right, everyone else is wrong, and anyone who disputes this is clearly a dumbfuck.

Loc: SE Olympia, WA
I'm not sure why anybody who isn't a "rookie" would be upset that some here don't want to post specific river info. Besides, we all follow our own rules in regards to posting info, so what makes some people feel that their rules should apply to everyone else? Os just said he doesn't feel sharing specific river info is appropriate. That's his business. Telling him to get lost because of it is just plain lame.

If you're a "rookie" looking for info, just realize that some will be more forthcoming than others. That's up to them. If you don't like it, too bad. It's NOT up to you whether or not they share the info, just like it IS up to you to determine how much info you care to share. We're not here to determine who belongs here and who doesn't based on how much info they post. That's up to The REALLY Big One.

Fish on......

PS: If I hear one more "let's go fishing so I can outfish you" post, I'm going to hurl. Competition fishing is for the Pro Bass Tour

Bon Scott - Shot Down in Flames

#100463 - 12/04/00 12:17 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
MY DOGS BIGGER THEN YOUR DOG!!!!

If O's dont want to give up some info its up to him this is a free country.

stlhdr1-What a childish comment..But I guess your only 25 and still a kid its understandable.GO BASSIN (good one DanS)

TM says go out and do some research why would I want to do all the leg work and then let all the lazy's know what I found. TM

#100464 - 12/04/00 12:45 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Rookies,as in # of posts,(sensitive aren't we).
This post isn't about you're ability to catch,it's about giving up certain info.
When I was 25 I thought I knew it all too ...I'm still learning,
Even though I'm a young 41 ,I could give you sats on my numbers that would make you're head spin(this ain't about tooting my horn
To me it's still about having a good day on the river,and guys I've met though this board and fished with have been top notch and a joy to fish with....you can net my fish anytime...
BTW if a caught a bunch of fish at the Cowlitz I "might" say someting but if I went to say the ??? and caught fish there is no way it would make it here...my choice
at my ancient age I no longer feel the need to impress people life's way too short,I'd rather just fish...Os

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft
Release all Wild Fish----<'))>>{

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 12-07-2000).]

#100465 - 12/04/00 12:50 PM Re: To the Complainers........
steelheaddude Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Oh My Gawd,,,, My wife is rite... We ARE Idiots!

#100466 - 12/04/00 01:01 PM Re: To the Complainers........
kore Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Carson, WA
If a complainer is someone that enjoys good fishing with limited people, Then a complainer, I be.

Don't expect people to hold you hand and show you where the fish are. Do leg work, look at maps, look at fish plants, explore..etc.

If you want someone to draw you a map, then buy a Fishing-n-Hunting News, and enjoy fishing with the 100 plus other anglers.

....and yes there are semi secret spots, that fish well, and are not combat hatchery hole settings, I am heading to one next week.

Oh yea, I hear they are catching them at blue creek and rieter, see you there.....not.

[This message has been edited by KORE (edited 12-04-2000).]

#100467 - 12/04/00 04:15 PM Re: To the Complainers........
scottguides Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: elma
personally i think this fishing forum is a great courtesy of bob balls website.it says on the policy aggreement to feel free to talk about whatever within reason.this site has helped me find things a lot quicker than searching.we can all look at the usgs for water levels but the clarity of a certain river is not available without somebody looking at the rivers.for those who have to drive a long ways we can save them time and money by sharing this info.there is nothing worse than driving 3 hours to find a mud hole.as far as hitting a run of fish on the head the only way to find out is by being there fishing.we all heard the story you should have been here yesterday.its true.lots of things i've seen on this board i have'nt agreed with but i don't post a negative response because i believe in the PUT UP OR SHUT UP theory.everybody that uses this bb has 1 thing in common we love to fish.we should all use this bb as a positive source of info to help us find fishing equipment and other helpful information that might save us time and money because fishing is'nt cheap.eric w has some very good point on his message.i have took lots of people fishing and had some less than productive days fish wise but they loved the trip because of all the other things that go with fishing.so if we don't have nothing good to say lets not say anything.good luck scott

[This message has been edited by scotty98541 (edited 12-06-2000).]

#100468 - 12/04/00 07:51 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Fishwhacker Offline
Parr

While sticking to my original statements regarding exchange of information; in my haste this morning I didn't absorb the "get off this site" part.

If I led you to believe this was my opinion I apologize.

This is a good site with what seems to be good people who enjoy the same pass time, That ain't called for.

#100469 - 12/04/00 08:16 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Steeliegreg Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Port Angeles, WA
All good points, but the problem is we all have to depend on each one of us to hold the thin, grey line. Once in a while it is bound to be crossed. I fly fish only and am not fond of being elbow to elbow with "meat" guys, but on this site we are all comrades.

It is nice to have such a great site to go!

------------------
C&R Works!

#100470 - 12/04/00 09:36 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Aerofly Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Seattle
I am in know way an expert to all the rivers and techniques I have a hard enough time cathching the "elusive" steelhead, and when I do it is the biggest thrill. I do learn a lot from other people about new areas and methods, and so I don't have a problem sharing, but it is my choice and every one has one. Just this weekend I found a new place that I fished but never knew the rest of it and by luck I found a "seceret hole" for me not the other locals who fish it all the time. It does take work, you have to explore and try new parts and not just stick to what you know and what people say. Exploring and finding new areas that you think maybe a sweet spot is part of fishing. It does get boring when you just join the masses and head to areas where majority fish.
Good Luck 2 All

#100471 - 12/04/00 10:21 PM Re: To the Complainers........
STEELYDAN Offline
Parr

Loc: Bonney Lake, Wa, USA
Osprey. You take this site way to seriously. Comparing yourself on the site by how many posts you have? Oh please get a grip. This site is to talk about what we all love to do......"FISH". I don't even have to give my catch record statistics to back up any of this.

#100472 - 12/04/00 10:27 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Timber Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Stumpy Acres
Ya O's!!!

#100473 - 12/05/00 10:12 AM Re: To the Complainers........
elmtree Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: spanaway,wash, 98387us
I second a Ya for O's. I have exchanged many an info on our local waters with Osprey and Salmonhead and most of it has been off the board. Simple, if i needed more informaton i just e-mail and ask. Just like using the telephone instead of a walkie talkie. You talk to whom you want about what you want without the eaves dropper's that lurk everywhere, my goodness, even on the WEB.
Sorry to say little boy's, but it is time to grow up, not everything in this world is free for the asking. Oh do not stop asking, just do not exspect to get answer's from everyone with everything all enclosed in an nice little package. Not in mine or your lifetime.
Yes i have learned the old fashion way, being a shade older than Osprey, you kid you.
I came on this board with no misconception's and have been rewarded quite hansomly, some of my question's drew good responses, other's nary a peep. Live with it, it is life as we know it.

------------------
elmtree (woody)

[This message has been edited by elmtree (edited 12-05-2000).]

#100474 - 12/05/00 11:09 AM Re: To the Complainers........
Potaire Offline
Smolt

Loc: Eatonville, WA.
My rookie (Smolt) take on all of this---OK, we all love to fish. I DO look at maps (Washington Atlas and Gazetter is EXCELLENT), but, the advice of the seasoned veterens is very valuable to me. I don't expect any info on "secret holes", but, if someone is willing to share such info, I am grateful. I doubt there ARE any "secret holes", and perhaps it is the veterens skill, not the hole, that produces the fish. If someone wants to share their favorite location, I feel they are a generous person who likes to see others share in his success. Is that a bad thing??? I think not. Anyways, lets keep in mind what we are talking about here--fishing holes. We are not revealing the location of submerged Trident subs or something. Remember, it IS a free country, despite the lack of a President-Elect!! So, to each his own. Share if you wish-don't if you don't wish. But don't badmouth others actions in this area. We all are brothers in this sport, so FISH ON!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 357 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |