THE PP OUTDOOR FORUMS

Kast Gear!

Power Pro Shimano Reels G Loomis Rods

Willie boats! Puffballs!

Three Rivers Marine

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#100475 - 12/05/00 11:14 AM Re: To the Complainers........
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Easy there Danny boy,you're right it's about talk and talks cheap,This whole post was about complainers...who's the one complaining
because we don't give up certain infomation
There is sooo much info shared behind the forum,that this argument is stupid.

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft
Release all Wild Fish----<'))>>{

#100476 - 12/05/00 11:51 AM Re: To the Complainers........
BillyBob Offline
Juvenille at Sea

Loc: Kapowsin, Wa
Another thing about "secret holes" that I'd like to add is that many of our rivers change course from year to year and holes we were successful at last year might be a sandbar this year. Being a Carbon River regular, I have seen this happen very dramatically. It does make it fun because it challenges you to explore places that you wouldn't normally fish. I have never found a place (even after the river has changed course) that stays a secret very long. Anyone that wants specific info. from me will get any that I can furnish. I believe that's why we are on this BB. There are many good points brought up on this thread, but first and foremost, this is an open forum and we have to take the good posts with the bad.
Now back to fishin'.

#100477 - 12/05/00 01:09 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Agreed I have not refused anyone's request for info who e-mailed (with in reason),and I've gotten simular responses from everyone else I asked question from....it doesn't have to be like this

------------------

[This message has been edited by Osprey (edited 12-05-2000).]

#100478 - 12/05/00 01:40 PM Re: To the Complainers........
Sand Shrimp Offline
Alevin

Loc: Gaston,OR
This whole mess of a thread started because someone complained about giving information on this site about someone's certain holes or rivers.If someone want's to let everyone know how they did on a certain river that's their bisness.If you don't want to tell where you caught a fish so be it.I wouldn't post about my own rivers but we shouldn't slam people for the posts they make about where they caught fish.Learning to use your gear properly and reading water is the key to consistently catching fish not what hole or river to go to.If you can't read water and fish effectively it won't matter where you fish.For rookie fishers there are many good books out there you should read that will help you get started and you can learn alot from the posts on here about techniqe.I'm not slamming or calling anyone a rookie I just hate to see threads of this nature.

#100479 - 12/05/00 08:33 PM Re: To the Complainers........
stlhead Offline
River Nutrients

Hopefully to end this thread and the other.....I am not a guide. I won't point you to the exact rock, log, tail out, etc that fish like to lay behind. I used to tell people these things when I was young and dumb and all it meant was I now had to find another place to fish. Now I am older and still dumb but I do know the difference between a fish I worked for and a fish someone points to and says "cast there". Like the above post says...every single year all rivers change some and most change a lot. Every year is a new experience.

[This message has been edited by stlhead (edited 12-05-2000).]

#100480 - 12/06/00 01:42 AM Re: To the Complainers........
STEELYDAN Offline
Parr

Loc: Bonney Lake, Wa, USA
That's what I am talking about Osprey. There is such good information on this web site so "why even complain" about others posting information about a so called secret river. I can see if you told someone in confidence of a desireable piece of water on a certain river and they blabbed about it here on the BB that's totally different. All I was getting at is when someone tells of a good fishing trip......Say on the Salmon, Lyre, Duc, etc, that is what it's all about. Sure I have my secret holes on a lot of Rivers....even the highly fished rivers you can find a good stretch of river that produces fish after fish. My intent on this topic was not to find and reveal new fishing holes but it was intended to tell people to stop complaining about rivers that other people fish. Not all are secrets. I haven't heard of a river on this site yet that I haven't fished here in Washington. Yes I used to put a lot of time in on the rivers before my daughter was born. Good fishing Osprey. I hope to have some information to share with you soon once I get back on the river. Dan

#100481 - 12/06/00 10:39 AM Re: To the Complainers........
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Steely Dan,I don't beleive how far this has gone ...."I'm not the one COMPLAINING",If someone whats to post a specific river...go for it,
But some of us are being strung up because we chose not to
When I see a small coastal river or stream posted here I just cringe
most of these cannot take the added pressure thats about to desended on them,I am not greedy person...it's about the fish....without healthy numbers,were at home on weekends......hanging out with our wifes

------------------

#100482 - 12/07/00 12:16 AM Re: To the Complainers........
glowball Offline
Spawner

Loc: bullcanyon
sounds like the complainee is doing the complaining. I have but one question for ya. Do really think that somebody is going to give the edge that they have worked so hard to get to someone that they don't know, and i'll guarrantee that they don't want crowding in on them on their hot spot. granted you have the right to fish it, but i bet you are one of those guys that has no fishing ethic and would move right in on a guy enjoying himself on the river. now there is something to complain about!

#100483 - 12/07/00 12:29 AM Re: To the Complainers........
STEELYDAN Offline
Parr

Loc: Bonney Lake, Wa, USA
I hear you loud and clear Osprey. I was surprised to see how far this little tid bit went also. I sure know one thing, we all on the BB sure love our sacred sport and the relaxation and the sense of reality that fishing brings to us. Have a great day on your next fishing adventure. I think I am going to hit the Sky on Saturday with my buddy Joe.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 793 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 27837
Dan S. 16958
Sol Duc 15727
The Moderator 13941
Salmo g. 13394
eyeFISH 12606
STRIKE ZONE 11969
Dogfish 10878
ParaLeaks 10363
Jerry Garcia 9013
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63786 Topics
645450 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |