Three Rivers Marine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#101173 - 12/14/00 11:40 AM Northwest's best dive bars
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: West of Eden
Since I haven't been doing anything BUT WORKING lately, I don't have anything constructive to add to the board related directly to fishing. In the evenings I look at the board, read the reports, cuss, piss and moan because OTHERS ARE FISHING AND I'M NOT! But I still want to add my input to the board, I guess it makes me feel closer to wetting a line.
Anyhow, I want to compile a list of everyone's favorite watering holes to hit after a hard day on the river, pond, salt etc.. Now, I'm trying to stay away from any establishment that pooches a guy over $3.50 for a brew (any suggestions of Ram Sportsbars or FX McCrory pads won't be considered). We're looking for the joint that doles out fried gizzards by the bucketfull, makes more cash on 10-cent punchboards for satin tavern jackets than they do on soda, and who's happy hour goes from dawn till dusk. However, a good burger, a dark beer, or exotic dancers (Oregon guys take note) are definate pluses.
I know everyone who posted on the favorite booze topic has an opinion on this (Ryan S., you better not have much input on this for a few years!!!!). So even if you live north of Renton, south of Everett, wear a button-down and dockers five days a week and are still rolling around joyously in your 1987 Microsoft stock options,you probably like to slum it a little in the rural areas. Hey, if you steelhead/salmon fish, you most likely have a pair of Stihl suspenders, Carhart logger jeans and a hickory shirt hidden away somewhere just to put on when a can of Rainer and some thick smoke sounds better than a pint of Pike Place, double-amber muchenbochinhausen ale and a wedge of baked brie.
So whether its the Red Rooster in Humptulips, The Porter Tav., Hunters' in Naselle. Frenchy's up in Bob's stomping ground, Annie's Uptown in Astoria, Tombstone Willy's in Menlo, or whatever. I'd like to hear it for future reference....possiblly a book someday. "The Nothwest's Best Steelheading, Strip Joints, and Watering Holes" (emphasis on the latter two subjects) Well, its a thought...my wife might not understand the research side of it.

[This message has been edited by Chuckn'Duck (edited 12-14-2000).]

#101174 - 12/14/00 01:34 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
STRIKE ZONE Offline
GOOD LUCK

Loc: Hobart,Wa U.S.A
This might be fun,
Bouy 10 it's gotta be Annies on 27th or 29th St. or the harbor fights I mean lites in Illwaco.
Hump area it's red rooster.
Wind river it's the spar tree.
Rogue river Gold beach it's the little red one across from jot's and up stream.You can dance on the bar their and still be served as
many as you want.
Noochie it's the bee hive.
West port it's the islander
Cowlitz it's the brown shack in salkum.

#101175 - 12/14/00 02:04 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
superfly Offline
The Renegade White Man

Loc: The Coast or the Keys !!!
Right on, Let me work on this too! I can think of a couple that I have been asked to leave from which need to make this list
The green Lantern at copalis beach
The oak harbor tavern in Oak town
the dog house in langley
the dew drop in in forks
the acropilis in portland( left with girls)
The frontier room in belltown, the best drinks in seattle with no attitude and cheap prices!
There is a great dive in Garibaldi, I think it is called the barn
definatley the hive in monte
the rockport tavern in rock port
there are so many, any ways thats my two cents worth for now
Peace Superfly

360-888-7772

Stay Tuned for upcoming Hunts & Fishing info...........

New website & Channel Dropping soon !

Stay tuned for Turkey, Bear & Deer Hunts Along with Guided Sport Fishing.

Book Release Prior to Christmas 2021

#101176 - 12/14/00 03:30 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
SteelyBob Offline
Parr

Loc: Everett
Funny you should ask, I recently revealed my favorite watering hole on my last river report: 12-5-00 Sky at Sultan Report

------------------
See ya on the River!

#101177 - 12/14/00 03:42 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
GutZ Offline
The Original Boat Ho

Loc: Bellevue
When on the Snoqualmie, The Riverside has a burger called the La Bomba. This sucker is as big as a dinner plate. Works out perfect if you drift down from Plum Creek, pull over at the bridge in Fall City, get a burger and a few beers, then on down to the takeout at Neal Road.

------------------
I Wish I were standing in a River,
In the Rain,
Catching Steelhead.

#101178 - 12/14/00 06:48 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
FISHNBRAD Offline
Juvenile at Sea

Loc: Renton,WA
OK another good thread, here we go

Riverside Fall City
Frontier Fall city
Frencheys Beaver, closed down
The Warf Bush Point
Tide Waters Lake Wenatchee
Rosey's blue moon Tenakee Springs, AK
Salty Dog Homer, AK
Tustumena Lodge Kasilof, AK
Chilkoot Charlies Anchorage AK "great place"

#101179 - 12/14/00 07:04 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Hey, I've probably run into a few board members just judging from these few posts. Glad to see Annies and The Acropolis (in my single days we called it "The Church" and went there religiously to worship) are represented. Sad to hear Frenchies is closed but happy to know that the OHT (Oak Harbor Tav.) was mentioned (one of my high school schoolmate's mom owns it).
Don't ever pass up the Anchor River Inn when on the Kenai (coldest beer on the peninsula), or Good Time Charlies for eye candy. Naknek sports the Red Dog, and when Wendy Lee sings in the summer it rocks like no other.
As long as we're expanding the regional aspect of this Fred's in Missoula breaks up the monotony of I-90 quite well (actually I schedule my fishing trips around trips to Freds...heck, where else do you get a peeler bar, Denny's, and a Super 8 all in the same parking lot?) And, if you're ever in Stanley, ID the Rod and Gun Club was a hoot...especially when they break out the hula-hoops at midnight!

#101180 - 12/14/00 08:03 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Kev Offline
Spawner

Loc: Bothell, Wa
Man! It sounds like I need to slow down and not be in such a rush to get home when I get off the river! You guys are posting some great places....I'm writing down all these spots. Keep them coming! It would be nice to identify a fellow Piscatorial Pursuits or WSC member at some of these places. Would love to sit down a share a pitcher or two with some of you!

Kev

[This message has been edited by Kev (edited 12-14-2000).]

#101181 - 12/14/00 08:41 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
cast this Offline
Parr

Loc: grays harbor, wa.
chuck, don't you mean tombstone willy's in camp one? it's a menlo suburb, after all. ron gets my vote for the best happy hour and great burger..skip the fries, get chips.
the Lebam tavern fits right in too...

#101182 - 12/14/00 08:48 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Coho Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Muk
Man I hate to admit at how many of these places Ive been to.

#101183 - 12/14/00 08:57 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

Cast This,
Wow, damn near a local! You know I was only generalizing the region so the other board members would know exactly where Tombstone's was. And you're right on, Ron makes the best burger in the area (and its accompanied by some of the driest humor). He's my bud when the wife gets grouchy (usually my fault) on me.
And, you have a point about the LT. Stubby makes a helluva burger and pot of Chili. It only gets better at that place during Elk season ( seems like thats when all the boobs come floppin out).
I'm assuming we can't leave the Artic out of this deal?

#101184 - 12/14/00 09:22 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
greg Offline
Smolt

Loc: fort lewis, wa 98433
A few years back I was in Chilliwack doing some training with the 1st Combat Engineer Regiment, and a hot spot then was "Greg's Place"...cold blues and hot dancers! Locally, I like the West Side in Olympia, the cook there can throw down! A little closer to our favorite huntin' and fishin' grounds is the Tavern in Mossy Rock. Have you ever had a "Dam Burger"? Just walk in, throw your hat on the table and tell the barmaid you want a Bud and a Dam cheesburger. She'll take good care of ya.
Greg

#101185 - 12/14/00 11:42 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
B-RUN STEELY Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: IDAHO
In Moscow its the Plantation.. In Orofino its the Oasis (the girls have black eyes in that place) In Grangeville, its the Triangle- 75 cent 16 ounce Oly drafts !!! In Riggins its the Seven Devils....

#101186 - 12/15/00 12:04 AM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
JEB Offline
Parr

Loc: Lewiston, Idaho
I'm with you on the Plantation, B-Run. Corner Club just doesn't have that vintage Moscow-dive feel since they widened the road and tore down the rustic part of the building.

Hey Chuck, what's the next topic going to be? Best Northwest sites to pick up toothless women? Greasy spoons where you're most likely to contract E-coli? The safest rivers for waders and/or boaters who are in the bag?

#101187 - 12/15/00 12:13 AM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

JEB,
Just catering to what the people want my brother (I think I stole that from Dennis Hopper in Waterworld). Hey, I'm just trying to expand my horizons since I live in a pretty limited scope world...But, everything you mentioned can be found within 5 miles of home!!!!

#101188 - 12/15/00 10:57 AM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Osprey Offline
Spawner

Loc: Osprey Acres /Olympja
Hey chuck another great topic
Hey is the Brooklyn tav still around?been years since I've staggered outa there ,I kinda miss a Tavern where they have a stream flowing thru the place,makes for short walks to the little boys room:rooleyes:
When in P-town I alway stop in at the "Dancin Bear"it's only 2-blocks from our other shop....man I sure spend alot of time in Portland

------------------
Row Quietly and fish a Cataraft
Release all Wild Fish----<'))>>{

#101189 - 12/15/00 11:23 AM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Tom R Offline
Egg

Loc: Maple Valley, WA
Great topic!
West Peninsula - Red Rooster
East Peninsula the Gooey Duck in Brinnon
Noochie it has to be the hive in Monte, just have to be careful this would fall under JEB's best places to pick-up toothless women.
Satsop the Ye Ole in Elma or the Porter Tav
North River the Artic although I am quite fond of The Brooklyn Tavern, first Tavern I ever went to. Hey Chuck do you know if that place is still open?
Willapa - tombstone willy's
South Sound - Characters Corner best burgers north of tombstone willy's...
I am starting to scare myself; I have not mentioned one over the mountains yet.

#101190 - 12/15/00 05:00 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
cast this Offline
Parr

chuck-
i was a local, just moved from menlo (stringer creek) in august.
no way we leave the artic off the list, and for those inquiring minds, yes, the brooklyn tav is in full swing.

#101191 - 12/15/00 06:27 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
Chuckn'Duck Offline
Returning Adult

For those of you who haven't been to the Brooklyn in a few years, it burned down and was rebuilt complete with running spitoon under the bar (the Streamside Protectection laws must have killed the actual North River diversion into the bar...it now is just tap water...but still pretty cool).
And yes, JEB has known where the toothless ones hangout on the eastern slopes of the Cascades...why he never went gummer hunting in Alaska is still a mystery. He was quite the Stump farmer however.

Cast This,
You must have resided close to Johnny's Dairy. Have alot of friends who live in that immediate vicinity. Seems to be the "in" place to build now. Getting downright crowded out there.

#101192 - 12/15/00 08:35 PM Re: Northwest's best dive bars
cast this Offline
Parr

chuck, you are right on the money, i had the place almost directly across from his heifer barn.
john has extended me perpetual rights to the orchard hole...and anywhere else on his property.
NEVER cross john w.!

[This message has been edited by cast this (edited 12-15-2000).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  The Moderator 
Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
landcruiserwilly, Tom Trune
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
0 registered (), 606 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13523
eyeFISH 12767
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63778 Topics
645369 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |