Three Rivers Marine

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1012064 - 07/23/19 10:58 AM Dave Croonquist Commission application decision
bushbear Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: Sequim

Good morning, all

The Governor's office has finally made a decision on the two open Commission seats. Molly Linville (Palisades) will be replacing Jay Holzmiller and Jim Anderson (Olympia) will fill the "at-large" seat that was held by Jay Kehne that I had applied for. The new Commissioners bring some knowledge, skills, and abilities to the Commission that could be helpful in the years ahead.

Back in February, when I submitted my application, the information I received was that a decision would be made within a couple of weeks. Then it was going to be made after the Legislative session ended on April 28. Last Friday I was told that a decision would be announced early this week. I found the announcement of the two new Commissioners on the Piscatorial Pursuits website this morning through a posting by Andy Walgamott in the Northwest Sportsman magazine that came out yesterday, July 21. The article provides background information on the new Commissioners.

http://nwsportsmanmag.com/2-new-members-named-to-wa-fish-wildlife-commission/

I wish the Commission and the new Commissioners well. These are trying times for the Commission and the WDFW in all aspects of fish and wildlife management and especially so with endangered species (both fish and wildlife), co-management issues, Federal impacts, and the need for a stable funding base going into the future.

I have been keeping a low profile the past five months waiting for a decision on my application. I will continue to be pushing for better sport fishing opportunities in the years ahead.

I sincerely thank you for your support of my application and your continuing concerns over the past five months about when we would have a full complement of Commissioners to oversee the WDFW.

Dave Croonquist

#1012078 - 07/23/19 09:19 PM Re: Dave Croonquist Commission application decision [Re: bushbear]
Tug 3 Offline
Returning Adult

Loc: Tumwater
I have some optimism about the two new commissioners, but we will see. No one could have made a better commissioner than Dave.

#1012167 - 07/25/19 12:04 PM Re: Dave Croonquist Commission application decision [Re: bushbear]
Larry B Offline
River Nutrients

Loc: University Place and Whidbey I...
Another head scratcher of a decision from the Governor and an opportunity lost to have someone of Dave's formal education, work experience and personal involvement/commitment on the Commission during what is clearly a tumultuous period for it and the Department.

It's the person who has done nothing who is sure nothing can be done. (Ewing)

Search

Site Links
Home
Our Washington Fishing
Our Alaska Fishing
Reports
Rates
Contact Us
About Us
Recipes
Photos / Videos
Visit us on Facebook
Today's Birthdays
3Gonads, herm
Recent Gallery Pix
hatchery steelhead
Hatchery Releases into the Pacific and Harvest
Who's Online
1 registered (steely slammer), 1085 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
John Boob, Lawrence, I'm Still RichG, feyt, Freezeout
11498 Registered Users
Top Posters
Todd 28170
Dan S. 17149
Sol Duc 16138
The Moderator 14486
Salmo g. 13520
eyeFISH 12766
STRIKE ZONE 12107
Dogfish 10979
ParaLeaks 10513
Jerry Garcia 9160
Forum Stats
11498 Members
16 Forums
63773 Topics
645291 Posts

Max Online: 3001 @ 01/28/20 02:48 PM

Join the PP forums.

It's quick, easy, and always free!

Working for the fish and our future fishing opportunities:

The Wild Steelhead Coalition

The Photo & Video Gallery. Nearly 1200 images from our fishing trips! Tips, techniques, live weight calculator & more in the Fishing Resource Center. The time is now to get prime dates for 2018 Olympic Peninsula Winter Steelhead , don't miss out!.

| HOME | ALASKA FISHING | WASHINGTON FISHING | RIVER REPORTS | FORUMS | FISHING RESOURCE CENTER | CHARTER RATES | CONTACT US | WHAT ABOUT BOB? | PHOTO & VIDEO GALLERY | LEARN ABOUT THE FISH | RECIPES | SITE HELP & FAQ |